Any Advice on PA and work

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all and happy Sunday,

I am just looking for a little advice really I have had psoriasis for 22 years I am now 40 but since august 2016 I have had pain in my right wrist which caused me a lot of problems at work as I am a Chef and am constantly using my Hands.

Anyway went to the doctors said it was RSI and was to rest it and wear a splint which I did,  well after umpteen visits back to the Doctors the pain got worse and I now have pain in multiple joints especially the right wrist and left with pain in fingers and numbness,neck, lower back right shoulder and both kness i have no stregth in my wrists and have struggled badly at work with pain and doing everyday Chef tasks such as Chopping,picking up pots,pans ingredients. 

I had to leave my last job due to lower back pain and got told i wasnt up to speed in the kitchen which has never been a problem.

Back to the Doctors and they sent me to a rheumatologist who looked at me for all a mere lucky 5 minutes and said i had weakness in my legs and sent me for an x ray on my right wrist I done my best to expain to him all my problems regarding work and pain etc but was not interested.

I went back to my Doctors to get result of X ray which they havent got yet after nearly 2 months and they say no news is good news which may be right, but now my doctor has says the pain in my wrist is due to a fracture i did many years ago, but i says about what about the other pains, lower back, knees ,shoulders and told me to change careers and gave me a 2 month sick note, I have been a Chef for nearly 20 years and something i enjoy and spent time working abroad and was shifting into the Pastry Chef Role which has being my long term ambition.

Hate to moan and i know people are a lot worse off than myself and i am very grateful, but having no straight answers or being told to change careers is very troublesome to me and as the pain gets worse i dont know what to do.

So any advice would be much appreciated, hope you all have a great sunday.

James

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Before i was diagnosed with PsA my feet were on fire random fnigers were swelling  and i felt pain everywhere.. i was placed on the right medications and now i feel like i can work again and be myself.. do you have a rhumatolagist that follows you?

• Posted

Hi there thank you for your reply I have seen the rheumatologist only once

, hopefully I haven't arthritis of any kind just like to get a straight answer, how is your PsA now have you had it a long time, regards James

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.