Skip to content
Ad

Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis

Also known as Arthritis - Psoriatic

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Any of these symptoms sound familiar ? :(

So the last 3 years have been frustrating for me.. I've got symptoms and no medical professional believes me or is willing to help so I'm coming on here to see if anyone is familiar with any of this.. I've posted this in a few different sections after doing a symptom check Symptoms from...

Last reply
  • Methatrexate and psoriasis

Since coming off of Methatrexate my psoriasis has come back worse than i have ever had it before. I now have it all over my body including on my face. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Last reply
  • Liver biopsy

Hi, it's been awhile since I've been on here, I forgot my password....lololo. So I had a liver biopsy on Thursday, since all of a sudden four weeks ago my liver decided to become enlarged. I called my Thru my, and explained my liver was enlarged ( I had a Ultrasound done to prove this). I was...

Last reply
  • is anyone on humira?

ok so im 27 ive been on meds for years ive tried everything... unfortunitly Im open to all side affect and seem to get affects off every med ive tried, and never the common ones always the rare ones.... I have just finished on methotrexate because I was so sick I was unable to even get up, I caught...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph nodes and rashes

To start, I am a relatively healthy 20 year old female living in Canada. For the past 7 months I have had multiple health complications. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of caring and general knowledge within the Canadian health care system. Starting in January (7 months ago) I began...

Last reply
  • Methotrexate & Intersatitial Pulmonary Fibrosis

I am 39 and have had Psoriatic Arthritis for 13 years. I have been on every drug but they only last for a certain length of time. The arthritis started in my right hip 4 weeks after I gave birth to my first daughter, when I fell pregnant 3 years later and was crippled with both hips and my hands, since...

Last reply
  • Rashes, joint pain, and frustration

Hello everyone.  I'm hoping to get a bit of advice/input on whether or not what I'm experiencing might by psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, because overall doctors have not exactly been helpful.  Since 2011 I've had rashes on and off (I'd say present 85% of that time).  The...

Last reply
  • Acitretin Capsules

Hi all, I am wondering is anybody else on Acitretin capsules and if you are, how do you get this drug? Does your GP prescribe it after the dermotologist has written to them to tell them that they want to start you on this medication or does it always have to be prescibed by the dermotologist to...

Last reply
  • Nail psoriasis - what have you tried that worked?

Hi all, I have psoriatic arthritis (I guess that's what we call PA?) in my hands (diagnosed a few months ago) a small patch of psoriasis on my scalp, plus nail psoriasis. PA is limited to my hands so doctor says it's not recommended to take DMARDs as side effects / effects on liver may be bad....

Last reply
  • Otezla

Started Otezla in December. Side effects were horrible but have subsided (Nausea, Diarreha, headaches, slight depresssion). Have to take the meds with a meal and at least four hours before bedtime or the acid reflux, which is still ongoing, keeps me up. At the start, Otezla was working wonders. Skin...

Last reply
  • Dark spots,uneven skin tone

Hello, I am 19 years who had psoriasis since 12. Back then, nobody knew it was psoriasis so doctors would gave me different types of medicine and one even gave me creams with cortisone and sort of screwed up my skin. Years down the road now i am doing very good, i have managed to control my conditon,...

Last reply
  • Why is psoriatic arthritis not taken seriously???

I have found over the years that psoriatic arthritis & attributed medical conditions are not recognised as serious long term debilitating disease by the government, we are not entitled to free prescriptions we struggle to get disability benefit & disabled badges & I would like to know if...

Last reply
  • Methotrexate and Etoricoxib for psoriatic arthritis

Hi guys I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis about 18 months ago now, and over the last 6 months have been taking 17.5 mg of methotrexate once a week tablets . On top of that I have 90mg of Etoricoxib daily ( anti inflammatory) This combination has been working well and recently was told to try...

Last reply
  • Anyone taken or taking Acitretin for Psoriasis?

My husband has been given Acitretin 25g capsules by his dermatologist. He's been taking them for just 4 days and has been waking up every morning with a headache which at the moment is bearable. The worst thing is he's suffering a huge flare up of psoriasis. Dermatologist did say this could happen...

Last reply
  • back and thigh pain

I've got PA ..I am suffering with severe lower back pain and terrible pain in my thigh. GP seems clueless. Rheumatologist says it's unrelated. Anyone else suffer this? ??

Last reply
  • Methotrexate and high blood pressure?

I have psoriasis and mild psoriatic arthritis and take methotexrate. Just lately I seem to be having high blood pressure. I am not taking any medication for this. However a friend of mine has just alarmed me by saying that he saw some TV programme or other and on the show they are supposed to have...

Last reply
  • Nausea, no sleep.

I came off methotrexate because of nodules, but a few days after being off, I have a hard time e sleeping, feeling bloated, a little nausea, and loss interest in food. A y ideas?d

Last reply
  • Psoriatic arthritis on little toes, RA or something else?

I'll start by adding I have been diagnosed with primary Raynauds disease in the past, so I'm used to circulation problems and discolouration in my extemeties. Although I'm confused by this new symptom which I believe to be a joint problem as well, the large bumpy looking part feels hard yet...

Last reply
  • Psoriasis or not?

It is extremely hard to get an appointment at my GP especially for something little, so I was looking to see if you guys think I might have psoriasis. I have a small red itchy patch on the side of my foot that seems to be getting bigger, it is a little scaley but not silvery, no other patches that I...

Last reply
  • Ankylosis spondylitis and muscle spasms

Does anyone suffering with AS also suffer with muscle spasms, I have not yet had a diagnosis but waiting for tests and MRI results but iv suffered with muscle spasms in my shoulders and neck for years now but this past year there almost constant, at one time id get a spasm in my shoulder blade or neck...

Last reply
  • Newbie, very confused..very long story.

I was diagnosed with PA in November 2016, but am still waiting to have this confirmed by a rheumatologist as the waiting list is ridiculous. My GP is convinced I have it though. It started with an odd stiffness and pain in my left ring finger which I noticed mostly when putting on socks or opening jars,...

Last reply
  • Calcipotriol for psoriasis deadly to pets

Hello all, Calcipotriol has been very helpful to me, used in combination with methabetasone ointment for my scalp condition. However, the reason I am really posting here is to let you all know that if you use calcipotriol to help with psoriasis, please be very careful around your pets. Even a very small...

Last reply
  • Bruising after MTX injection

Dear all, Are there any injection experts out that who can give me some advise to avoid bruising? I inject my MTX in the upper thigh and it often bruises and lasts weeks. Now that summer is rolling around, I'd really like to avoid running around with big ugly bruises on my legs! I've never had...

Last reply
  • Psoriatic arthritis not RA

By way of an introduction, I was diagnosed with RA around 18 months to 2 years ago and have tried the various DMARDS and biologics without any luck.   My Rheumatologist has just advised me he now believes I have psoriatic arthritis mutilans.   Mutilans is the most agggressive and serious and...

Last reply
  • MTX, Humira, and Alcohol

Hi everyone, What are your doctors' opinions/ your experiences with drinking alcohol while taking these drugs? My Rhuemy suggestions minimal drinking obviously but I'm really worried about doing damage to my liver etc. I'm not a heavy drinker by any means (less than 4 drinks a week) but...

Last reply
  • Palmar Pustular Psoriasis & Psoriatic Arthritis

I have been on ACITRIEN for 6+ months now. I have psoriasis on my hands and feet. The medication clear up the pustular sores and the pain. I have flare up every couple of months. My feet are still peeling (never stopped) and my hands peel when the flare up hits. I now have Psoriatic Arthritis. Now for...

Last reply
  • Short period of pain relief - not recommended.

I had a lobectomy a couple of weeks ago, surgeon removed the right superior and middle lobes.   Very painful operation and I have boxes and boxes of pain meds to cope.   It does have a bright side though, the high doses of pain killers virtually killed off the pain from my psoriatic arthritis,...

Posted
  • Feeling depressed with no1 to talk to who understands :(

Hi everyone, Im new to this and am so glad I found it as I have Felt the only one in the world with Psoriatic Arthritis! I have no one to speak to who understands & im beginning to feel very depressed. I'm only 25 but feel I just can't do a lot without being in pain! I'm always making...

Last reply
  • Rectal bleeding on methotrexate for 1 month

So I've been on 15mg a week with 10mg prednisone tapering 1 mg per week now... so just started getting bright red bleeding with BM and today there are clots....oh goody.... so I called Dr Friday and they never called back, not too happy about that....anyone else have this experience? I'm 65 and...

Last reply
  • DR COMPLACENT ABOUT MTX?

Hi all I know I've not been on here for ages but I've been having so many health problems myself I don't know where to start End March severe abdominal pain and feeling like I have a urine infection... 6 samples now have proved negative Beginning of April stomach distending so much it stretches...

Last reply
  • New to group with psoriatic arthritis

What an amazing group here. I live in USA, and I broke out with psoriasis in my late 20s after coming off yearly steroid shot for allergies. When I was pregnant with my first child at 23, my OB told me I was experiencing RA, but symptoms went away after awhile, and I felt better....1993, so internet...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.