Cosentyx injection and hematuria

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I’m a 43 year old female and have had psoriatic arthritis for 26 years now. I’ve been on several different treatments in the past and now taking Cosentyx since feb 2021. I started with the loading dose and now on 300mg fortnightly. I haven’t experienced any side effects yet, however the last 4 days have noticed blood in my urine with tiny clots. I had a urinalysis done and results were clear of infection except it showed high level of blood in urine. I also had a renal and pelvis ultrasound and the results were good.

My Dr has referred me to a urologist who I will see on 31st May. Back in 2004, while I was taking methotrexate I experience blood in urine and had a cystoscopy done. The results showed a malignant tumor in my bladder which was removed. I had no further treatment for this. My Dr says I’m at high risk of bladder cancer given my history. I was wondering if hematuria is a possible side effect of Cosentyx or if anyone has or is experiencing blood in urine while on cosentyx?

Your feedback is much appreciated. I’m very worried that it may be cancer and hoping it’s just a side effect.

Diana

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.