Misdiagnosed?! Psoriasis. Did I get a wrong diagnoses. Please advice.

Posted , 4 users are following.

area affected: scalp, elbows and tiny disseminated drops on chest that come and go

Symptoms: on my elbows, small gutted lesions that on occasions appear red and pustules (see photographs) other times like brown discoloured flakes. When the lesion become pustules sometimes I get a cold sore on lips but very rarely.

the photos are of my elbow ... taken on different dates.

Scalp- inconclusive diagnoses , but is covered in flakes as well and symptoms of chronic telogen effluvium sporadically ( hormonal and blood work all normal).

treated: Dovobet ointment ( Betamethasone), /';

Betacap (Betamethasone) Scalp Application 0.1% and coal tar shampoo. nothing has help

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

if the derm took a biopsy of the skin lesions how would it be inconclusive.

the meds noted above can be for many skin disorders., but what is generally used to treat psoraisis.

continue with meds as directed in a few weeks you'll notice a big difference.

also a treatment that is call occlusion - apply medication to skin ,,wrap in clear wrap for over night treatment. this will help the medication to reach deep in the skin layers to clear faster .Steroids and coal tar are both the best medication . great on scalp to.

• Posted

Will you please share your daily work as well as food habits? I have solution for this problem. If you have any test report please also share with me.

• Edited

hey, i had more joint symptoms than skin, but none of the topical steroids (and I tried many) worked for me, it only started clearing up on methotrexate that I was put on for psoriatic arthrotis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.