Anybody experience pins and needles with PA

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi everyone

I was just curious as to whether anyone with PA experiences pins and needles or slight numb feeling in hands and feet?

I also sometimes get it in my face.

I'm currently on Sulfasalazine and have been on it for several months. My joint pain has been getting increasingly worse!! My rheumatologist wants to start me on methotrexate but cannot at this time due to me having an oral antral fistula ( a connection from my gum to my sinus) caused by a complicated tooth extraction,and me being open to infections. I was wondering if it could be part of this horrible condition or whether there could possibly be something else going on? I'm feeling quite worried at the moment and any help would be much appreciated!!

Love to you all

Natalie xxx

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Natalie, 

I have had PA for just over two years. I am on Hydroxychloroquinne which is helping my small joints but have just been put corticosteroids for a flare up in my hips and back. Still waiting to see if this helps. I do sometimes get pins and needles in my hands and during hot weather get very painful prickly heat all over, which is fun on holidays!!!

I didn't get this previously so have attributed it to PA but find it's good to know I'm not the only one!

• Posted

Hi Teresa

Thanks for your reply. It's nice to know I'm not on my own with this and that its most probably part of the PA.

I've been suffering with depression for over a year due to various things going on in my life,and having this illness to contend with (as well as endometriosis ).

I'm 36 and feel like an old woman at the moment! I have constant swollen painful fingers, pain in my toes,elbows,shoulders,lower back, groin. I can't sleep at night and I'm constantly shattered!!! Sorry for the rant but sometimes it's hard to bare with,when your trying to cope with all the other stresses life throws at you as well. I'd be interested to hear from people around my age to see what their experiences are with this condition? It might help me put things into perspective and stop worrying so much all the time.

Thanks for reading 😊

Natalie x

• Posted

Hi Natalie, it's fine rant away this what these forums are for!! I hope you get some relief soon and I know how your feel! I turn 40 at the end of this month and feel about 70!!! It doesn't help if you have other stuff going on and I'm sure it makes things worse, it certainly makes you feel worse! I could say try and look at the positives but I know how hard that can be!! Happy to listen (read) your rants whenever you need to.

Teresa

• Posted

Hi

Thanks Teresa.

I am getting married this August after

Being with my partner for 18 years....At last !!!👸

I also have a 13 year old son who I love with all my heart❤️so I guess I have a lot to be greatful for!!

Your right, I do need to try and focus on these positive things in my life defo!!! I'm just finding it really difficult at the moment with all the other things going on around me. I do appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Take care

Natalie x

• Posted

Huge congrats on your upcoming wedding hope you have a lovely and pain free day (well more than one really)!!!

Teresa

• Posted

Natalie, ive had psoriasis for near 15 years, I'm 35, and I've just started having pins and needles in my hands and fingers, I havnt seen a rheumatologist yet, but I've been referred, I do have problems with hips, knees and heels, in pain constantly. I think you saying about your condition has helped me stop worrying, I hope this has helped you. Take care.

Rachel. Xx

• Posted

Hi Rachel

Sorry to hear you have suffered with psoriasis for all those years. I'm lucky on that side of things only getting the odd patch now and again! It sounds like your symptoms of pain are similar to mine so it's a possibility it could be PA. let me know how you go on after seeing a rheumy...and good luck with it all!!!

Take care😊Nat xxx

• Posted

Hi Natalie

I have severe Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis, I'm 37 and in pain everyday, but I'm also diabetic.  I'm on methotrexate which has helped control my skin, but I still do have quite a bit of pain.  I've recently started having pins and needles in my fingers, which makes my grip limited. You carry on ranting, that's what we are here for, to listen and to put our views into prospective. I hope it helps to know your not alone, it helps me. People don't understand how we feel when we are at our lowest. Hope you get your pain management under control soon

Rachel x

• Posted

Hi Natalie

It is hard at times and i am similar to you i had 13 yr old daughter when first diagnosed then spent 7 weeks first time round due to sever blood clots on my lung was home three days and got  ushed into hospital with pneumonia which resulted in intensive care stay due to being on mtx and it wiping my immune system out now on coseñtyx but suffer major pains two sever bleeds and lots pain meds to just get through feel I only get through for having daughter xx

• Posted

Hi there - been suffering from PSA for many years now, been on Sulfasalazine for a few years, but its only been in the last 6-9 months that pins & needles have seemed to become a problem, mostly hands and arms.  I just put it down to 'normal wear and tear' or having my arms in strange posistions to help ease the normal pain..  Anyway, it seems that I am now deficient in Vit B12 and/or Folate - and this may be causing it.  Starting B12 treatment when I see GP next week so will let you know.  Hope this helps.

Ade

• Posted

Hello...vey interesting. Were your pins and needles related to the PA? I was getting puns and needles in my feet at night but they stopped. I have psoriasis over my scalp...but the radar is up for P.A regards
  • Posted

You seem to be in the same boat as me. I have just started methotrexate alongside sulfasalazine as my body has adjusted to the meds.Looking back my first symptom was pins and needles. Started in my hands, but now feet, face and down side of legs,so there is a link but it's good for all of us to remember that PSA doesn't come alone so if you have worries it's good to check them out.

Good luck and check out the methotrexate form for help with side effects (if you get any).

• Posted

Hi Natalie

I too, have mild pin and needles, more a tingling effect on my lower limbs, feet, wrists and hands. It's much worse in the evening. My rheumy says it could be a side effect to med (currently Lefunomide and Humira ) or it could be PsA or something else. I'm going for nerve conduction studies this week so will let you know when I find out. I hate this complex disease!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.