Any advice on triggers?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just figured out that my daughter suffers from absence siezures at the age of four. After she was with her dad for a weekend they got in a car accident and i was not informed until much later. When she had returned home she was having (what i did not know at the time) the symptoms of an on coming siezer, i passed it off as car sickness. Eventually i had to take her to the doctor as she was incohierent unknowing of her own name.Long story short at the hospital they told me that perhaps she may be getting abused. Now here is my delemia, every time she comes back from her fathers, since that point she will have siezures in her sleep. After a few days they will stop, until she goes back. Whats more likely to be the trigger? enviormental change? neglect? Any theories are welcomed. As well as she has a lump on her head from when she was born she got the suction cup and the lump never went away. She developed normally otherwise and the lump was assesed by a doctor. But personally I think the timing of her episodes and that they started after the car accident are too big of a coincidence, to not be connected. Thoughts?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

I understand exactly, where you ae coing from, I,m 56 and have been suffering from absent seizures due to a fall when I was 3. I had them under control for 25 years until i decided to change meds recently, but i could never get them under control while in a relaxed state (sleeping). Always happen in early hours. Good LUCK

• Posted

Definitely get that lump looked ato, insist on a MRI. About her other problem when returning from dad's, I have recently heard that something as bizarre as possible can trigger fits, i.e. a smell, a fragrance, even a change in the water and caffeine can do it, which is in a lot of foods and drinks and another strange one is noise like traffic.
  • Posted

I wasld not to Stress but it is part of life ..so much too the hubbys displeasure he has to hear me sing lol xx laughter does help (Well me it does) xx Good luck xx
    • Posted

I wasld= I was told   mucked reply up !!
  • Posted

I've had epilepsy since I was 4. I only have them at night. Triggers when I was a teenager was hormones. I had them around my cycle, it was like clockwork. Stress is also a factor. I'm 29 and still have seizures. Some are unexplained to why they happen but almost always it's stress, hormones or sleep deprivation. I have to try not to stress so much and get a good amount of sleep. I believe some of my seizures happen around my cycle. Very interesting.

Hope that kinda helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.