Skip to content

Epilepsy and Non-epileptic seizures

Also known as Lamotrigine for Epilepsy, NEAD (Non-epileptic Attack Disorder), Non-epileptic Attack Disorder, Phenytoin, Seizures - Non-epileptic

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Blurred vision

its been a few yrs now i have blurred vision on and off during the day. sometimes its so bad i have to close my blurred eye. ive done all tests and all are normal. i dont have a dry eye either. my eeg showed some abnormalities in the occipital region but not enough to be diagnosed with epilepsy. …

Last reply
  • Increasing seizures?

Back in 2014, I was diagnosed with PNES (pseudo seizures). I also have PTSD, Bipolar 1 with severe pyschosis (or schizoaffective disorder. I've had multiple doctors flop between the two or chalk everything up to PTSD), BPD, GAD with panic attacks. I still can't figure out what to do. I' …

Last reply
  • I’ve been having seizures since September

I’m 17 and in September my doctor explained why I was having so many problems was because my anxiety would get so bad I was having seizures due to that. I’m still trying to understand this all and it’s really hard, I just get tired and then I start tapping my foot and I don’t remember anything and …

Last reply
  • Epilepsy and overactive thyroid

I've been an uncontrolled epileptic for over ten years. I have tried every medication possible . I'm currently on 300 mg of lamotrigine 10 my of clobazan and 300 my of vimpat. I have blood tests quite often everything was fine in Feb 2018 but then last week s bloods showed hyperthyroidism …

Last reply
  • Blue Badge Scheme

I have had partial epilepsy for many years, it is fully controlled with medication.  The government has just announced a plan to extend the blue badge parking scheme to people with mental disorders, so my question is really, is epilepsy classed as a mental disorder?

Last reply
  • Non Epileptic seizures (pseudo seizures)

Hey does anyone here have non epileptic seizures? Just looking for someone I can talk to about them. Within the last year they have progressively gotten worse. I'd like to share my symptoms and see if anyone can relate or give me advice. I just feel very alone in this.

Last reply
  • NEAD and links to other medical issues

Hi everyone ,    since I've been diagnosed with NEAD some of my other medical problems have become worse , this makes me wonder if these are related . My main problem at the moment is hypersomnolence or narcolepsy , plus sleepless legs syndrome .    Does anyone know if there …

Posted
  • eeg result is good but there are spikes

i was reading my eeg report, it all looks good, it says no epileptic spike. but there is this sentence: some irritated frequencies at the frontal lobe region. what does that mean? does it mean there might be a seizure disorder? does it happen to everyone?

Last reply
  • my eeg is good.what does that mean?

I am experiencing strong dejavus for years. bitter taste. stomach issues. smelling hallucinations. crying spells. in the past I was told I might be bipolar,adhd,depressed none of the meds did any good. so the neuro implied frontal lobe epilepsy. eeg good. now what? does that mean my symptoms are …

Last reply
  • NEAD Diagnosis Treatment

Hi! I've had focal seizures (cramping left arm and face) for 17 years. Frequency is about once a week. I'm not currently taking medication because Keppra at 1000mg was not working, I had had a reaction to oxcarb and I was and am too scared to try lamictal because of its possible side- …

Last reply
  • blurred vision and loss of vision ?

hi i had 4 times transient loss vision from one eye. mri and ct clean, so no stroke or ms. i keep getting blurred vision during the day which comes and goes. eye doc didnt find short sightness or anything wrong with my eyes. i passed all the screening tests. so im wondering........could these be …

Last reply
  • Does this sound like epilepsy?

Hi, I've been having some strange events for the last month. It started with me getting a job for the first time in a few months of unemployment. I was stressed out about the whole thing. I have a sever anxiety disorder and so I've always just attributed weird feelings to that but this time …

Last reply
  • mri assymetry

my brain mri showed an assymetry in ny hippocampal gyri. the docs are unsure of what can cause it.(brain structure was normal when I had an mri 15yrs ago). could ir be because of epilepsy?has anyone heard of it before?

Last reply
  • epilepsy: is it visible in EEG without preparation?

I have a friend who has very limited access to medical care, and we don't think her doctor is very good. She has been taking anti-seizure medications for most of her life due to concussion-caused epileptic seizure from a head trauma in her childhood. The doctor ran an EEG recently and says she …

Last reply
  • Seizures

I've just been put on new medication for seizures, it's called lamotrigine, does anyone else take these?

Last reply
  • Non epileptic seizures

I'm eighteen and Ive been suffering with NES for a year with ten episodes a day with the shortest being ten minutes and longest about 3 hours, currently having EEGs and MRIs, just wondering if anyone has been able to manage it or been able to live a normal life with it, as im not allowed to …

Last reply
  • epilepsy without grand mal seizures?

hi, id like to ask how common is to have epilepsy without ..knowing it.  i have some endocrinal disorder, and the doctors have ruled out everything else. they say sometimes in rare instances epilepsy has an impact on estrogen and fertility. im30. i never had any grand mal seizures. so, how …

Last reply
  • Gabapentin and Lyrica withdraw

For the last ten years I have been on 1800mg of gabapentin and 1800mg of Lyrica I quit cold turkey three months ago and I still feel horrible mood swings seizures horrible belly pain can't move no drive please help

Last reply
  • EMDR

Hi All Has anyone out there had any experience with EMDR? What is the experience like & has anyone out there had any success with it?  

Last reply
  • Dissociative Seizures - computer screen problems.

Hi Having had epilepsy for about 30 years, I have recently been diagnosed with having "Dissociative Seizures" too. My neurologist has confirmed that the epilepsy is actually being managed by the original dosage of medication, these other type of seizures cannot be managed by …

Last reply
  • Myoclonic seizure sufferers help!

Hi I'm not sure if I'm having seizures and or epilepsy. I'm 21 and have had these weird jerks all my life. I usually get them when having anxiety attacks. Recently they have gotten very bad and I've got this constant feeling that I can only describe as like I'm about to have a …

Posted
  • Does this sound like a seizure?

I was laying in bed when something happened and everything went fuzzy. It was like I lost control of my body. I wasn't sure if I was moving or not and my vision was oddly distorted and though I could see, I couldn't make sense of anything. I don't know how long it lasted and afterwords …

Last reply
  • Suspected Seizure!

Hi guys, I had some kind of seizure last January and was taken to the Hospital, and later released that day. When I had an appointment with my Consultant he confirmed this as a Suspected Singular Seizure. I am now waiting for a MRI scan and results, then hopefully I can carry on as normal with …

Last reply
  • Provoked fit

Hi I recently had a first provoked fit whilst trying out a tens machine in America whilst on holiday. Has anyone else experienced this whilst using a tens machine. I've never had any fit symptoms before. This involved unconsciousness for about 2 minutes, eyes rolling to back of head, loss of …

Last reply
  • Can pain bring on seizures

I have been told that I have NEAD but on recent admission to hospital with chest pain I wasn't given pain relief , this triggered a severe seizure which apparently lasted 6/7 minutes , when I came round I asked if the seizure had been caused by the pain , but the doctor told me that pain does …

Last reply
  • Levetiracetam

Hi can anyone help? I had a seizure 3yrs ago following a very stressful relationship break up & lost my licence for 6mths, i had an MRI scan & CT scan which showed up no abnormalities but still lost my licence ...... I have just had another seizure last month following a bout of flu where …

Last reply
  • My girlfriend had very weird symptoms last night. Any ideas?

Not sure where I should’ve posted this, but I am worried right now so here goes.  My girlfriend is 19 years old, and is physically and mentally fit. She occasionally suffers from optical migraines which are triggered by intense light, but has seen her healthcare provider about them. Her …

Last reply
  • Could I have epilepsy?

Hi guys, So I might be completely wrong, but me and my step-sister think I may have epilepsy. I have 3 brothers with epilepsy, and my dad is currently being tested too as he has 'seizure' like movements in the night. My step sister recently moved in to my bedroom with me, and she has told …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.