Sudden seizures and hand tremors

Posted , 1 user is following.

I started having tonic-clonic seizures in February this year, and they start as focal seizures (right arm usually). I had five of them but they seem to have stopped as I haven't had one since April. I've had a CT scan and an EEG and they found nothing. The first full seizure happened after I had local anaesthetic at the dentist, but the first focal seizure where my right arm stopped working for a few seconds happened a few days after a COVID vaccine, so I don't know if either of those things are to blame. I've started having tremors in my hands as well. The left hand's worse and they only seem to happen when my hands are in certain positions or sometimes when I'm trying to use them. It's scary because my hands feel weird sometimes, like I'm going to have another seizure.

I have no idea what to do right now. I'm reluctant to tell my GP about it, partly because I don't want to look like a hypochondriac and partly because he didn't take my first focal seizure seriously and told me it was nothing (he's pretty consistently not taken my health problems seriously; advised me to 'smile more' when I went to him about depression). I'm worried about the fact that they didn't find anything. Maybe they already think I'm hysterical and just making it all up or it's all in my head. I just really don't want to have to put up with my hands randomly deciding not to work properly, I'm stressed out enough as it is.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.