Provoked Seizures X2 and Driving.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hiya all,

Just after some info to see if anyone has had a similar experience. Without going to huge detail as it will take ages the following points below is my situation and some questions!

• I was a Technician on Front Line Ambulances. This required driving to Emergencies on a C1 driving license. A job i loved.
  • Past 1.5 years i had severe depression and my mental health spiralled as low as it could get leading to an overdose.
  • Before the overdose i was placed on 7 different psychotic/antidepressant drugs.
  • I was not in control of my actions, my thinking and this led to erratic behaviour when taking my meds. Missing doses, taking a few more on one day because i missed a day ect..... I'm a person who doesn't like taking anything!
  • My irrational thinking led me to stopping every medication cold turkey. 5 days later i had 2 x Tonic Clonic Seizures in 3 days.
  • Surrendered License, MRI & CT remarkable, on lamotragine, taking my meds again and stopped some. I have been told i don't have epilepsy and Seizure free now for 10 Months.

Question folks.

I am aware of the DVLA rules and of course the safety of driving my car and also an Ambulance again. There is a small part with the DVLA that if there is a provoked cause and less than a 2% chance of seizing again then the DVLA will be happy to investigate this before the 5/10 year ban of group 2 license.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or knows more about this and has been successful in getting back there group 1&2 driving license after 1 year from the DVLA. I want to return to my job i miss so much when I'm ready but I certainly have safety foremost over my job. I wouldn't even put my children in my car until I know. It just seems to me and my epilepsy nurse this cause is provoked but there is no proof.

Thanks for reading, hope it also helps others and look forward to any replies!!

šŸ˜ƒ

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.