Seizure while sleeping, bad shaking, foam at mouth, nothing came out on medical checks.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Monday night my brother (38 years old) had something similar to an epilepsy crisis, while sleeping.

He was shaking very badly, had something like white foam coming out his mouth, and blood as well (maybe he bit his tongue), his wife tried to wake him up but no result.

Finally they got into the ambulance and to the hospital, they did some investigation, blood tests and a scan, but nothing was found. He can't remember anything.

This is the second one. He had something like that last year, but wasn't this bad. In 2016 he went to a neurologist, done a scan and was told he might have some "demineralizations". He's got some problems with his spine, had a hernia operation and he smokes about 20 cigarettes per day.

They told him it might have been an epilepsy seizure, but his wife fears it might be more than this, as she told me he can't remember things, dates, sometimes a full day...

His wife is desperate to find out what could be wrong with him and how can be treated, but with the actual "corona" situation is pretty hard to find answers... can anyone please let me know, what should be done?

Thank you so much. God bless everyone

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

First i hope yourself and family are well during this time. From what you have said it sounds like either non epileptic seizures or scar tissue on brain. I am not a medical professional but i have spent years researching while trying to figure out my own seizures (with every test done repeatedly at hospital). Non epileptic seizures are about learning to take control, recognise the signs and find something to concentrate on that works (for me, i do multiplications in head). Scar tissue if causing seizures (taken a knock to head recently?) the same meds as you would have for epilepsy would be given, the meds are not a "cure" they are anti seizure meds. Epilepsy itself should not be ruled out, it is uncommon to develop so late but not unheard of. With regards to memory being gone i can say hand on heart it is a big problem, its the worst part of seizures. It can be very confusing and upsetting, let him know its ok and has support. Hopefully i have helped a bit, if you have anything specific to ask dont hesitate

• Posted

Many thanks ! Let's hope everything will be ok, for him and you as well.

All the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.