Doctor wants me to stop taking primidone; I've taken it (successfully for 50 years

Posted , 2 users are following.

A new neurologist ( my other one retired), wants me to taper off of primidone. I've taken this and tolerated it for 50 years. This sudden change scares me! I've been seizure free for 35 years.... and, I do not want them to start again. Comments from other readers, please?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

How much are you taking? If you are taking a lot, that could be why. If not, ask them if it's possible to lower the dosage of the pills or pill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.