seizures when trying to move

Posted , 1 user is following.

Many years ago I glanced through a news article about a boy who had a really severe brain injury that rendered him seemingly unconscious but when they did brain scans, they realised that he was conscious and was experiencing seizure discharges in his brain whenever he tried to move. Strangely, his body neither twitched nor showed any outward sign of what was happening in his brain. I've tried to find this article again (but am unable to) because I am curious about what the diagnosis is named, since i gather that it is very rare, and i am very interested in reading about neurological disorders especially those caused by injuries. I admit that i might have misremembered the symptoms as I just glanced though the article and didn't pay attention to the details, so I don't even know if such a thing is possible. I am asking because I am extremely worried because my nephew who is like a son to me just had a really terrible brain injury a month ago and i want to be as prepared as possible to help him through whatever that may occur. I am reluctant to ask his doctor about this because I don't feel comfortable in asking such questions and I like to double check everything any healthcare provider claims anyway. Been exposed to some pretty unscrupulous ones. Any help would be so much appreciated!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.