Topiramate Withdrawal?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey,

Ive been on 200mg for the last 11 years. Ive been wanting to come off Topirimate for the longest time because of the terrible side effects (with the advice of my GP). Last year I cut down my dosage by half and just recently have been trying to cut my dosage down my 20mg every week but have been getting cluster headaches, quite severe daily panic attacks and nausea. I didnt have ANY issues when I cut down from 200mg to 100mg but Im reading some horror stories online about Topirimate/Topamax withdrawal. I have emetophobia (fear of vomitting) which is making this process more anxiety provoking than it probably should be.....has anyone ever cut down topirimate without significant side effects? Needing some reassurance here.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.