Partial Seizure or Migraine? Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im 22 and in the last 10 years I have had 10 grandmal seizures (all minimum 9 months apart). In between those, pretty much every month and coinciding with my period I have what seems like a migraine with aura, except most of the time I dont get a migraine.

They ALWAYS happen at night usually between 1-3am occassionally 5am. This is what happens:

I suddenly wake up to flashing lights, tunnel vision, pulsating in my head, zig zag lines (when I was younger I used to see things but grown out of that now). This lasts no more than 2 minutes.

I then go blind in one eye or lose my periphereal vision and still see zig zag lines.

This lasts anywhere between 2 and 40 minutes. I usually go back to sleep so I dont know exactly each time.

Sometimes I wake up with a headache but not always and its not normally too bad.

Sorry for the long winded story. All the doctors Ive seen tell me different things and Im wondering if anyone has had a simar experience. TIA

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello my name is Joanne and im 50 years old,I have absence seizures near my period date along with a headache with double vision normally for two days before,I am in the process of been diagnosed but its very long winded.Also when I was little i had the same feeling like i was seeing things and falling but couldn't wake up with a strange feeling .If you could offer any advice it would be helpful its good to know im not on my own

take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.