Husband (30yo) had severe Seizure(?) yesterday. I’m confused by results and scared.

Posted , 2 users are following.

My husband

30 y/o, 5’8”, 210lb, Caucasian

Has been on 300 mg XR Wellbutrin (not continuing after event)

Has not drank alcohol in 6 months

Vapes Nicotine

Uses Kratom on occasion. Had a small dose 8 hours before event

No allergies

Does not use other substances

Has high blood pressure and cholesterol

Early in the morning on Sunday, I heard my husband fall in the other room and he was breathing with a loud snoring sound, eyes very wide open looking around and having some flailing motions. He was drenched in sweat and breathing extremely loud. I called 911 immediately. After about 4 minutes of him on the floor this way, he stood up and he as stumbling disoriented all over the house (I was on the phone with dispatch waiting for help) the ambulance arrived and he didn’t know where he was or what year it was etc.

I wasn’t able to get to the hospital for about 45-50 minutes.

He had an ECG and blood taken, as well as a CT on his head.

The ECG results I’m reading from his online chart are saying:

“sinus tachycardia, T wave abnormality, consider lateral isochemia Abnormal ECG no previous ECG available”

But the doctor only briefly mentioned that his ecg was normal…his CT of his head was normal in the report.

Blood work was low CO2, high albumin/globulin, and high Anion Gap on the CBC. And potassium not reported due to hemolysis.

he was only referred to a neurologist And orthopedics for a very injured shoulder from falling.

They diagnosed it as a seizure but never went over any of this with us.

I am so terrified of this happening again. I thought he was dying and I’m scared of something being missed. Any input would be enormously appreciated!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

It sounds like it was a Tonic Clonic seizure, or what's more well known as a Grand Mal. Even if they don't happen often, they're part of every day life living with an Epileptic. As far as blood levels, mine always come back low and I'm taking 5 pills two times a day (1500mg Depakote, 100mg Lamictal, 600mg Neurotin). Sinus Tachycardia is an interesting one though. If he has a MyChart, he can send a message to his Neurologist asking what it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.