I suffered a seizure, what could have caused it?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Two nights ago, after drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana with my friends, I suffered what I believe to be a seizure. I was sitting down and suddenly began to feel lightheaded, and not long after my vision gradually became black. After that, I lost consciousness. My friends told me that my face had become completely drained of color, my pupils were ginormous, and I had slumped over and started to shake. My arms were spasming more than the rest of my body. When I stopped shaking, my friends told me that I was just staring blankly. At this point I was barely conscious. My friend then began to feed me cranberry juice, which is when I regained consciousness. I was confused and sweaty when I woke up. The entire time my brain was tingling and burning, even when I was awake. I think it’s important to note that I suffer from restrictive anorexia, but I am in recovery. I didn't visit a doctor because I am underage and feared that I would get in trouble (I know this is very dumb of me, but I was worried at the time). I would also like to note that my family had a history of epilepsy.

1.) Was this a seizure?

2.) What was the cause of the seizure?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Alcohol and smoking are often triggers for seizures so I'd advise stopping those altogether for a few months (and stop smoking forever- it's terrible for your health!) and see if you have any more seizures. Still, I'd still go and see a neurologist or your GP at the least

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.