seizures start again

Posted , 4 users are following.

My 1st time I had a seizure in Dec 16 in the hospital, all the seizures stop a year later. so i have been free of seizures for more than a year, but two to three months i start have very small seizures ( once per week only at night ) which i did not thinks much about it, But last Sunday/ Monday , I have 10 very bad seizures, so I call my GP , whom saw yesterday morning. but when i got back home, my daughter had to call the ambulance as was having too many bad seizure. I had 20 seizures yesterday after i came back from gp.

Have this happen to anyone else ? been from seizure for a year then back?

EEG was done in Dec 16 (non- epileptic seizures).

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Peter , sorry to hear about your continual seizures . I totally understand how you are feeling as I also have periods of intense seizures caused by severe pain or stress . My EEG also came back normal leaving me the diagnosis as NEAD , this seems to be ignored by neurologists and passed off as non-life-threatening , however most doctors have no idea what its like to suffer such seizures . My worry has always been the impact it has on people around me , I worry about good-meaning strangers having to call an ambulance , then at A&E I'm regarded as a timewaster and sent home . If I could wave a magic wand and whisk away these horrible seizures I would , but unfortunately I can't and so by using groups like this all I can do is sympathise with you and wish you well .

I hope this is a small comfort to you , best wishes from Janet .

• Posted

Thanks Janet for your reply.

do the seizures affect your work life?

• Posted

Hi Peter , my seizures don't really affect my work life because I unfortunately don't work anymore due to complex health issues including heart , neuro and arthritic problems .

I hope you all the best from Janet

• Posted

Dear Peter,

Non-epileptic seizures. I am going to tell you my story of seizures in the short form. At 60 years old I was sent for a heart scan by my doctor, use of radioactive material. Moments after the scan I had seizures right on the floor there. I was taking to hospital by ambulance. I continue having seizures day in and day out for five years there after. EEGs shown normal. I was put on Long Term Disability from work. At 65 years old I had a case of Shingles. I was put on epileptic medication that is perscribed for the sever pain. Benifit, controlled seizure activity. Blessing yes. My seizures were triggered by flashing lights, lighting strikes, fast editing on TV programs, fluesent lights etc...this medication works for me.

• Edited

seizures started again, which is upsetting . this time it only happen when at night.. was sent to kings college hospital ( after having 11 seizures and another 10 more in the hospital} only to be told again there is nothing they could do and send me back home..

Now have promise myself not to go back to the hospital.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.