Any advice on whether it sounds like psychosis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

First of all it’s not my intention to offend anyone with this so I’m really sorry if it does!

I have intrusive thoughts OCD and one of the common themes is developing psychosis, which in all honesty scares me as I’m worried it would mean having to give up my job. Basically my anxiety is through the roof at the minute with awful themes but now I’m worried I’m hallucinating. Basically I thought I saw my cat slip off the sofa out of the corner of my eye and didn’t think anything of it until I realised she was still under the blanket. I suppose it could have been my other cat and my eyes playing tricks on me thinking it was off the sofa rather than just on the floor by the sofa but I’m not convinced. Does this sound like a hallucination? Should I be worried? 

Thanks advice would be amazing! On the waiting list for CBT rolleyes

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi not that I will be much help but i see things that are not there often, spiders crawling across the table, mice or a shadow moving across the floor. Hear voices and noises at night i have even woken up seeing two people in my bedroom looking out the window chatting when i told them to get on with their business they disappeared. So if this is psychosis I'm buggered but the psychiatrist doesn't seem that bothered when I have told her of these things so I shouldn't worry too much. 

Good luck with the CBT when you get it. 

• Posted

Thanks for replying!

Do you mind me asking what you’re seeing a psychiatrist for? Any particular condition?

• Posted

Hi amy 

sorry for the time in replying been having a bit of a melt down, I suffer from anxiety, depression, adjustment disorder and emotional unstable personality disorder, just got an appointment through for a 121 assessment to see if I am accepted for further therapy been waiting 9 months for.

sorry you didn't get much joy when contacting the people who provide the cbt service. Persevere you will get there.

Tina

• Posted

Hi not that I will be much help but i see things that are not there often, spiders crawling across the table, mice or a shadow moving across the floor. Hear voices and noises at night i have even woken up seeing two people in my bedroom looking out the window chatting when i told them to get on with their business they disappeared. So if this is psychosis I'm buggered but the psychiatrist doesn't seem that bothered when I have told her of these things so I shouldn't worry too much. 

Good luck with the CBT when you get it. 

• Posted

Amy

I have the same problem, although it does not mean you have a Psychosis. You mention you are waiting for a curse of CBT, See how you get on with that it may be an Anxiety

BOB

• Posted

If you are having auditory and visual hallucinations then it would appear that you are having some kind of psychosis.  I would speak to your GP to see if you can expedite your appointment. 
    • Posted

I spoke to the service which my GP would refer me to (they also allow self-referrals) who said based off one incident they wouldn’t take it any further
    • Posted

Well if it does happen again before your appointment arrives then please ring them and tell them as they will be able to help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.