Any advice on zoloft side effects?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I started with 25mg zoloft for 7 days. Now on 50mg and am on day 16. I know it takes time, but how much am I to endure? I feel horrible. Shakes, nausea, dizzy, just to mention a few. Any advice on this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i am 6 weeks in and plenty of times i was going to quit them due to the exact same side effects but i am now seeing benefits

• Posted

Hi James. Thats good to hear. I know it takes time but OMG it's horrendous! I guess the fact that I didn't sleep at all last night might be why I am down so much today. The side effects are getting to me!!! I know I have to hang in there. Thanks for reassuring me.

• Posted

anxiety is a horrible thing. I struggle with GAD and severe health anxiety so all the side effects made me think i was seriously ill. PM anytime you feel you need someone to speak to.

• Posted

Just started on these last week, 50mg once a day, fine for the first few days, then on friday, felt like id dropped exctasy but was in a constant come up state ,finding that im tensing my jaw and tongue alot causing me uncomfortable jaw ache. Feel super nervous during the day and then cannot sleep at night, all the while tensing my jaw and tongue.

Feel like ive constantly got butterflies in my stomach or like my stomach is getting turned upside down like going over a bridge or a dip in the road in a car along with nausea.

Would have rather had drowsiness as so much easier to deal with.

Hope you're side effects subside soon.

• Posted

I'm on day 5 of taking Sertraline 50mg and I honestly feel so bad. I have a burning feeling in my chest, I'm really restless, no appetite but feel worse if I don't eat?

Feel very weak, nauseous, headache, feel hot and basically every other side effect haha

Sadly I have to drive to and from work and when the side effects hit, it is so difficult to drive - start shaking and honestly feel like I'm going to die 😅

My dad was on Sertraline and he said that's how it made him feel but I am honestly struggling to keep going. I haven't felt this bad since I had Covid. I have struggled with my health since having Covid back in January 2022 and had constant chest and stomach pains but my doctor couldn't find anything physically wrong with me and we discussed whether could be die to anxiety. Hence why I am now on Sertraline.

• Posted

honestly you just have to ride it out until they subside, but it will get better. i had horrible side affects when i first started taking them ...bad stomache pains nausea so much to the point i actually lost 20lbs and couldnt sleep .. I'm on week 7 now and feel so much better no side affects anymore. just hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.