Any advice please?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice - about 2 weeks ago as part of my ongoing reflux/hiatus hernia issues( I am now under a consultant - he requested a 24hr motility test tube up the nose down into the tummy, 24 hrs taken out etc).  I had this procedure done, initially I felt fine and thought 'oh well that ok, especially as I have had 4 endoscopy's) but over the last week i have been feeling like death, such pain into back and chest after eating or drinking anything, and I mean anything. Has anyone else had this done and how did it go? Any advice would be welcome, I rang my gp who just said have more gavisgon as my acid reflux is playing-up - this pain is nothing like acid reflux! - sorry about the length of this only I wanted to tell the whole story. Thank you.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would try and contact your.consultant phone and see if he can't see you or ask his Secretary if she can get an appointment or ask him about your syptomes

• Posted

Hi Gillian, I did leave a message for his secretary but she is yet to call me back, usually it does take her a couple of days. I just have never felt pain like this before, I rang my gp who just said take more gaviscon, not sure this is the answer. Thanks for replying -have you had this test done by the way?
  • Posted

Hi Joanna sorry no I haven't had that test done yet I'm had the cameras Put down twice and berium meals three times I've had bad pain from acid and indigestion but never from camera being put down not even a sore throat and I gagged really bad I hope you get some advice from your consultant

• Posted

In desperation I rang 111 today and spoke toa very nice nurse, she explained that as the camera is put down the oesophagus on a tube and then it is left there for 24 hours to monitor your acid output, when they remove it it drags back up the oesophagus, leaving it very sore, apparantly this level of pain and discomfort it to be expected!  I am now on a soft diet only and if it gets to severe I must go to a&e. I really wouldn't recommend anyone have this test as like you I have had four endoscopys and other than a sore throat have been fine. We live and learn. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.