Any advice please

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. im 25 years old and ive been dealing with this since i was about 14 or 15. I never really knew what it was until recently, never knew it had a name or anything. When it first  showed up it was on my inner thighs. Just one here and there. When I was 20 they got pretty bad and i finally went to a dermatologist about it. Even then though, she had never given me a name for the issue. She had put me on a course of antibiotics for a couple weeks and this topical solution. It had worked pretty well. For a few years it was pretty good. Rarely got any, and when I did I used the topical stuff and it went away. Rarely had one that would open too. But now for the last like 6 months or so it seems to have flared up a whole bunch! Im going to make an appointment soon, but just wanted to know what else I can do.

So pretty much I get them like in every spot. Inner thighs, armpits, under my breasts, occasionally on my butt, and on my waist. It sucks and makes me feel so gross. I was self concious about them before, but not this much. Theyre just everywhere, and the scarring is terrible. I remember that my mom had them too, but I dont know how bad or how often. She passed away years ago, and I never got to really ask her about it. So I dont really have anyone to go to about it that understands.

Im at the point right now that I have like 4 of them that are open and just will NOT heal. Its just like a big hole in them that stays open and will leak and it stings soooo bad! I also have one in my armpit that shows up over and over again and right now is like slit open down the middle and wont close at all. Ive been keeping a bandaid on it most of the time cause how much it hurts when its uncovered. Im not even sure if thats good or bad to do. My left armpit is by far the worst area out of all of them.

Ive been reading a lot tonight and ive seen that i guess I shouldnt  be using deodorant, or shaving?? What am i suppose to use as an alternative?

I have another 2 that are open on my inner right thigh, and those have been making it hard to walk sometimes lately just cause how painful they can get.

I hope this isnt too much and sorry if it seems all over the place. Ive just never really talked to anyone about this before. My sister knows but she doesnt really help much since she doesnt know much about it. And my boyfriend knows, but I hate talking to him about it because it makes me feel gross.

So yea...any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. Im tired of being in pain!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’m 50 and dealt with this for 30 years.  I recently discovered vitamin D is a fix for me.  I took a high dosage and it was better the next day.  I have taken it a week now and it’s all gone.  I can’t even feel the knots deep under the skin any longer.   It’s so embarrassing and painful.  I hope this works for someone else also 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.