Any advice - pulean formula ( prostate )

Posted , 9 users are following.

my dad is urinating very frequently - any thoughts on Pulean formula tablets?

could they help?

thanks

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Never heard of it. I have used Pageum, Saw Palmetto, Stinging Nettle, Zinc and Beta Sitosterol and none of that stuff worked for me. That's why I had the REZUM procedure and the jury is still out on that one.

• Posted

Never tried that one, but I think I tried almost every other "natural" remedy known to man with no discernable positive results, other than saw palmetto made me impotent. I finally went with REZUM back in June. I can urinate pretty well now. And no nasty side-effects!

• Posted

I tried a bunch of the natural remedies and a couple of prescription drugs, none of which helped at all.

Eventually, I had the green light procedure. Very unpleasant, frankly, but pretty much solved the problem.

• Posted

What was unpleasant about GL ? I sailed through it as did friends.

• Posted

My problem was because I am on blood thinner. I hemorrhaged and ended up in intensive care for 3 days. Otherwise I am happy with the results. It has been about 6 years ago.

• Posted

I was on Warfarin when I had my second laser procedure. I stopped it as instructed two days before but did bleed more than when I had the GL. They sent me home with a catheter in and my output was always a bit tinged but as soon as it was remove it was crystal clear.

• Posted

A lot of pain, for weeks. Longer recovery time, by many weeks, than predicted. A lot of bleeding.

• Posted

I had no pain and recovery was more or less instant. I travelled home by train on the second day and went to the races on day three. I just had spurts of blood at the start of urination for the first few days. There should not be bleeding as the laser seals the surface as it goes leaving a scab that bits will later detach from and be passed in your urine.

Have you ever watched a doctor performing GL on Youtube there are plenty of examples.

• Posted

Has he had all the prostate tests or are you just assuming it's his prostate.

Is he keeping a record of his output.

• Posted

Rachael,

My advice is to have your father see a urologist and not mickey mouse around with any new age nonsense formulas. I tried saw palmetto and it was a worthless waste of my money. The urologist should have him take the IPSS to see how bad his BPH is and a bladder ultrasound to see how bad his retention is. These are usually the first two steps. Once this information is know, the urologist will recommend the next step. Carefully research the urologist that you chose first! I had a Rezum which fixed my BPH problem.

Good luck,

Steve

• Posted

I second this advice from Steven05114: "...have your father see a urologist and not mickey mouse around with any new age nonsense formulas."

I tried saw palmetto and pygeum. Neither did anything. I was on an alpha-blocker for several years but finally had a TURP and couldn't be happier with the results. Only a urologist can diagnose the problem and suggest the possible solution(s).

• Posted

What country are you in? There are scams everywhere. Anyhow urinating frequently is better than no urination. There is medication to slow it down by prescription.

• Posted

in the UK - ah ok, do you know the name of the presciption to slow it down? thanks so much 😃

• Posted

Simply ask your urologist for a prescription. There are various brand names depending on the country.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.