Any advice welcome

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone experienced where citalopram didn't work for them after taking them for a long period of time.

Not for a few weeks or months but where you have taken them for a year and realised they're not working for you.

If you have how did you know they weren't right for you and what was your experience on the right tablets?

Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi James

I too had a time when j felt they may have stopped working but I was assured they just don't stop working, it's probably just a "blip" you will probably think over and find you have had a stressful time lately! I still t times where I have bad days but always get back up again! Good luck

Emz

• Posted

Hi James,  I have been on Cital 20 mg for 3 years, and will still have those "off" days, or blips as some call them.  But, I don't feel the meds are not working, I think it is normal to have those days even on the meds.  Now when they do happen, I know what to do, and I come out of it pretty quick. But I have so many more good days than not, so I really don't have any complaints, and I have no side effects anymore. 

Maybe you should discuss with your doc, could be a change in mgs might be in order, or even a change in meds...?  I wish you luck James!!

• Posted

Yes, after a while Citalophram wasn't effective any longer and I was put on Sertraline which worked well.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

How do u know if it's not working ?

is ur ssleep is batter ?

u eating is batter ?

I take Citlopram for tow diffrent time

once I take it before 2 years , and I was really depressed, I think I take it on late stage

so I need a really long time to recover

there was a big improvements in my sleeping and my eating , but the anxiety and low mood take a really long time , I don't know exactly how much , but maybe a year and a half

scound time which is now , I take the medcation early , it made me worst in first weeks , but now I really feel batter , it's work fister this time

so I think it's depends in ur stage

it's may took a longer if we r in a bad stage

and also if u have a good therapist that's will help u to recover faster

eat healthy food and do excrise

that's help a lot

take some supplement Vitemn D and B and omga3

I heard they are helping a lot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.