Any cure for acromegaly not surgery pls

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagonised with Acromegaly January,2015 since then i was also diagonised with diabetes and i am always having severe knee pains with head ache time to time and i am also lossing my eraction as man even when i wake up in the morning. I complain this problem to my doctor but he told me that they cannot treat treat this problem till when i g I t married.

I need your advice and any prescription though i am yet to marry, thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

embeekano - There is a FaceBook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/acromegaly.menonly/      I suggest that you go to this FaceBook page and ask to become a member of it.  There you will find many men who will have a lot of answers for you.  You will be able to ask them all the questions that you have and they will be able to help you the most.  You didn't say whether or not you have had any treatment for your Acromegaly.  The most important thing is to find an endocrinologist who specializes in Acromegaly.  The men on the FaceBook page should be able to help you with that also.   Jill Sisco is the person who will okay you to join the group and she will also have many answers for you and may be the best person to help you find a doctor in your area.  There is help out there for you!!

• Posted

If you have acromegaly then you have a tumor on your pituitary gland and you need to have surgery to remove it. All your symptoms are a result of the tumor and should disappear afterwards, depending on the size of your tumor and whether or not they’re able to remove it while leaving a portion of your pituitary gland intact. You need to have the surgery as soon as you’re able because your vital organs such as your heart may become enlarged also and can cut your life short about 10 years so please see a neurosurgeon (usually pediatric), get an MRI with contrast and get scheduled to have the tumor removed. Good luck, let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.