any experience with relapsing depsite on TSM

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I have been rather silent over the last 18 months also because getting on TSM has been a very successful journey. I was a binge drinker who got absolutely wasted twice to three times a week and I was becoming dysfunctional in my job and private life. Everything in my life was hovering around drinking. I started TSM pretty exactly 2 years ago and have been using TSM all the time but never totally stopped drinking. I think that I found out that despite all the stress which came with the abuse I still like to have a few drinks twice a week and even get drunk. The drinking and my reaction to it changed, the brain chemistry changed and I am no longer suffering from bad hangovers, post abuse depression and other negative side affects, I have a few drinks and get up in the morning and go to work, I haven't missed a day of work due to drink since I started TSM and in general I am very happy to have taken this route as it has changed my life to the better. I have to admit that I have willingly opted against taking the pill for a few times, and I have not religiously kept the 1 hour rule for some time now. I think I was stupid and played with the disease.

Have I relapsed in my old habits?, I am getting drunk more often now, not really have cravings but fancy a drink often and do not stop before I get drunk.

Anyone of you guys going through the same or passed a phase like it?

very grateful for your advice

Phil

thanks

Phil

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Phil. Great achievement! I stopped completely 5 years 9 months and without medication. I do not trust myself to have just one drink since it will lead to more and more. Cannot really guide you since we are very different. Still great improvement 😁

• Posted

Hi Phil.  I am on day 87 of daily am dose of naltrexone.  I measure my success by the amount I drink per week.

Although it has come down from 45 to 55 drinks per week to 15 to 20, I am also showing a recent increase.  

Not sure what to do about it other than re-group somehow.

• Posted

Thanks guys, the only thing I can do I suppose is stick to the rules and hope it will get better again

good luck everyone

cheers

Phil

• Posted

HI there, I am considering to increase the dose to 100mg for a few weeks, I am a big lad with 105 kg

any thoughts?

• Posted

Hi Phil,

Yeah, don't mess with the golden rule.  Imagine it like a snakes and ladders board.  Non-compliance will set you sliding down the snake more often than you can climb the ladder.

If 50mg worked well for you previously, which it did, then you shouldn't need to increase the dose.  It just might 'appear' a little slower or ineffective this time around because you brain got the rush again and so will nag and nag you, in the hope of getting that rush again.

Non-compliance breathes oxygen onto an almost burned out ember.  For a little while, it will smoulder and try to fully ignite again. 

Just remain compliant, patient, and you should end up successful again.

• Posted

Hello Joanna

Thanks for you advice and support. I will stick to the rule and stop messing around. I am still in a much  better place than before TSM and I am not willing to risk that

thanks and please  keep up your great work

best

Phil

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.