Any experienced shingles on butt and vigina

Posted , 2 users are following.

i just recently found out i have shingles. as i type, i am in the worst pain i have ever felt. my doctor prescribed so drugs and a gel for me to numb the pain. but the pain is still here. the worst part is that this shingles is on my vigina and buttocks. i can't sit or walk because of the chronic pain. does anyone know what strong pain relief i can take. its becoming unbearable.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

im so sorry to hear this. i too went thru that many yrs back and its pain you never forget. the key is not yo scratch. if you open those sores life will get much worse. honestly not a lot of pain meds help with herpes/shingles but i would go big regardless because if you havent been there then you wouldnt know the level of pain. since i have been there i would rather be hooked up to a morphine drip. also be careful amount the amount of liquid you take in, using the bathroom making things worse. i laid in bed for several days, heating pad on my private area with almost no movement at all. get a good sleeping pill. i have to internal creams, one i swear by. its a generic called acyclovir ointment, USP. get that and get a refill or two, use it!! i would demand pain meds, something very strong and antivirals valacyclovir, 1 gram. i take two at a time when things are so bad that i wish i was dead. start with one just to be sure and follow my lead. you should be walking in 48 hours. good luck! text me if i can be more helpful.

deborah 732-991-1901

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.