Any experiences of Fish oil tablets to help ease frozen shoulder

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm still continuing my journey with this terrible FS and have by chance seen something about taking fish oil tablets to help ease the pain of FS & was just wondering if anyone had any experience of this and did it help if you did? (I know is not a cure but just something to ease apparently) thank you!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Someone told me to try fish oil for my frozen shoulder, so I did. It helped a little bit but not much to make a major difference in the pa8n. But I still recommend taking it.
    • Posted

Thank you! I've brought some so will see how I go!

• Posted

On my second frozen shoulder this one is my right and has been frozen since Jan 16. It addition to all the physio I've been having I've tried joint supplements and take cod liver oil (off the spoon) I would recommend it, I think everything helps. I would also recommend using a tens machine for the pain, I've also used arnica massage balm, and tiger balm. Best of luck with the journey I feel mine is becoming somewhat better and may not need any surgical procedures . A lot of patience is required

• Posted

I had frozen shoulder on both shoulders and had both of them manipulate under anesthesia a few weeks ago., 1 in Jan and another in Feb. Although my range of motion is much better and the pain has died diw8, I still wake up feeling like the DR is coming bk. It may be in my head bc so many people have the VS reaccur. I've been on short term leave from work for approx 10 week's. Between the MAU and the PT, i cldnt worl. I'm feeling better to return to work and I would hate to have to go through this process of freezing again. I plan on keeping vitamin D and fish oil in my system, and doing my daily exercise. I hope that will keep it from refreezing.

• Posted

Thank you good to hear a positive experience of taking fish oil - hope you get better soon x
  • Posted

Hi...I threw everything at it first time round. ...Devils claw...magnesium spray...but it just might help in recovery and fish oils r good for u..tens machines was the best...a WiFi one...wore it all the time..good luck...have u considered hydrodilitation..that has some good results..There's a forum on here...good luck

• Posted

Hiya my GP won't put me forward for anything like that until I do physio which I can't afford privately so I have a nhs appt end of March! Seems very to control the pain not help to end it! I'm having acupuncture & cupping (choice of that or physio money wise!) which has been amazing but I'm so weak in my left arm now - thanks xxx

• Posted

Hi. I'm 3 months in to my second frozen shoulder and I'm in the painful freezing stage; I take cod liver oil capsules; glucosamine high strength.; magnesium and vitamin D daily I believe that they all play their part. My main comfort comes from a heat pad and TENS machine. I got through last time with all of these plus trigger point therapy which helped to break up scar tissue; I haven't needed it this time (as of yet), maybe because I know this time it will end, (at some point).

It is just worth giving anything a try to see if it works for you. ALL THE best; for a speedy recovery.

• Posted

Oh my gosh...a second frozen shoulder! 

How long between when the first one healed and your second frozen shoulder?

• Posted

Hi Angela. From what i have read on here of people's experiences; a second FS is common I'm afraid. Believe me I fought it all the way; I kept saying to myself ' it's just aching from over compensating ' but my first frozen shoulder (right dominant arm), started September 2015

I went through the stages and was pain free with 98% ROM back by September 16. Then to be honest I had the odd ache; twinge in my left shoulder almost straight away but like I say I tried to ignore these. The Pain finally hit end of Dec 16, so not much of a break!! I am still Freezing now with some days/nights more painful than others. I've already explained my coping strategy; and again some days I 'cope' better than others.

Hope you are OK Angela and have found your way of coping.

Cindy

• Posted

Thanks for the other supplement ideas - I'm rattling with all the tablets! What's trigger point therapy?

• Posted

Omg that's my fear too now a second one I so scared

• Posted

A “muscle knot” is a trigger point: a small patch of muscle tissue in spasm.

I found a therapist in the area who worked on the areas of knotted muscle. I found it to not be painful and it eased my symptoms along side the other methods I used.

All the best for finding what works for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.