Any feedback please

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ok well i have the doctors yet again tomoro morning and having been back on mirtazapine 15mg for 9 weeks now and feeling worse on them than ever before i think i need on something else. I feel emotionless unreal and very ill on them. My anxiety through the roof and feel depression taking hold again.

My only concern is what the hell they will put me on. I seem to be sensitive to drugs not just ads but strong painkillers too. Does anyone have any similar problems im on and off work and currently been off 2 weeks but how long they will put up with it i dont know and being a single mum cant afford it. But there is no way i can even get on a bus to even get there.

Anyway the most recent ad they tried but no sucess was sertraline only managed one dose within an hour of taking it i was away with the fairies and couldnt move.

Even my doctors dont know what to do. But i need something

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

pls don't go bak 2 smoking. I quit a yr nd 2 months cold turkey. I thought I old have just a couple nd I was wrong. smoked even more b4 I quit. u must never pik 1 up again. I commend u 4 ur accomplishments I have faith things will get easier. I lost my mom to cancer @ 25 my dad passed wen I was 28 hubby nd I had a bankruptcy in 2012 nd a foreclosure in 2013 after having our house for 18 yrs. my oldest brother died last Oct. Him nd my mom were only 54 yrs old. my other brother beat me bad my whole life nd I have been married to a verbally nd mentally abusive hubby for 27 yrs. last few months it has been mildly physical 3 times. I suffer from several psychiatric disorders. I take mirt 15-30 my a night and allowed an xtra 15 mg if needed. I take 2 mg klon @ night nd 10 mg of ambien 10 mg as needed. I read mirt withdrawal can mimic the side effects as starting nd for some ppl the lower half dose nd the higher the dose the more it helps with depression. my best regards moma s. if I can help nemore let me know. moma s

• Posted

God moma you poor thing you deserve some happiness in your life. Can you not get out of the relationship? Where abouts are you is it the usa?x
    • Posted

I live in CT. I've been on ssdi since 2011. our finances are all intermingled. We have one vehicle. I've been in bed for 2 days now. Family is not an option. i don't get my ssdi until Nov 16th. we will both need lawyers ND we will both need homes. I have a lot of medical bills in collet ion on top of some that aren't. I have credit cards maxed. I will figure suttn out somehow. there r ppl in worse situations. I will b in touch. Im just 2 depressed to figure out my own name at the moment

• Posted

Argh have to write that all again as being moderated!

Ok what is wrong with me im not normal. I go from being physically unwell one day to severely depressed the next day. Yet again im off work this time into my third week. Ive been referred to neurology due the the pins and needles and tickling feeling down left side and head. I also have an app with psychiatric nurse on Thursday at local doctors surgery to have a chat. This is a new thing there. I have so much money worries which are destroying me. I am a single mum of 3 teenage boys one living with my dad since my mum died hes 19 and working. I cant shake this depressed feeling ever since i awoke this morning. The mirtazapine has only really taken the edge off. Im just constantly ill all the time if its not ibs its migraine or fatigue. I feel the wieght if everything on me and i cant even go to the local shop just now ive been sending for messages to be delivered and i panic if i think ive run out of anything and how im going to manage to get it. This isnt normal. They have tried me on so many different ads which i cant take and its been 9 weeks back on 15mg of mirt. Im now in a vicious cycle of im not able to try and go to work but am stuck inside all day. I feel so uselss and jealous of anyone leading a normal life. I dont have any support anymore after my wonderful mum died last year she really was my rock i probably relied on her too much. I just feel all this pressure on me all the time

• Posted

Kelly, so sorry to hear you are not doing well.  I have been off Mirtizapine for 2 weeks now.  Doing OK, some days are great , some days are good, some days are bad.  It's all an anxiety rollar coaster.  It all stems from what we have in our minds.  Are we thinking negative? telling ourselfs we will never get better? are we obsessing all of the time? is it all we think about when we get up in the morning? It is a viscious cycle that has to be broken. It is hard to break. I am trying to be very positive every day and not scaring myself with symptoms and negative thoughts.  I also go to counseling 3 x week.  You need support, someone to talk to , get out of the house. breathe please think positive.  Stay in the present.  Living in the past brings depression and living in the future brings anxiety.  We have to stay in the present.  X

• Posted

Hi Kelly, an update on me.  18 days off Mirt. today is horrible. I'm very sick with anxiety and heart palpitations. I want to check in to a mental institution literally. from one day to the next I never know how I am going to feel.... it is horrible way to live. how are you doing? x

• Posted

Hi connie

Aww hun i know ive barely left the house just for appointments. Im still on 15mg but every day i feel unwell. This drug is suppossed to give you an appetite but i dont have one. Just made myself eat just now but i feel so sick. Saw psychiatric nurse for first time yesterday but she wasnt much help actually ast how id feel without ads. So now i have to wait for a one off app with psychiatrist to discuss what to try now. Its awful isnt it. Are you on any other medication instead of mirt?

• Posted

since stopping Mirt and not being able to sleep, I was prescribed seroquel 25 mg x night.  Also on Atenolol for heart palpitations due to anxiety. I look at other people who are fine and I wonder why I am this way? and I think that it is not fair. sad I just want to be the best mom I can be. the one I used to be. 

• Posted

This is exactly how i feel i feel jealous looking at other people enjoying life and ask what ive done wrong! My kids all boys 15 16 and 19 all say "youre always ill" doesnt seem fair. Id give anything to feel the person i used to be a few years ago x

• Posted

my thoughts exactly.  People laughing, having fun, enjoying peace of mind,  I look at them and wonder what it is like to feel that way again.  I feel like a failure as a mom as I too am usually 'ill'. it makes me feel so sad and guilty.  Kelly lets hope for a better tomorrow please let me know how you are doing.  It helps me alot to hear from someone else going thru the same. x

• Posted

Yes connie i will. This site and meeting people like yourself going through the same thing is all thats keeping me going x
  • Posted

I know people can have different results to meds. I have MDD and take mirtazapine and venlafaxine. The combo works very well for me.
    • Posted

Hi phyllis

I have read of a few people on this combo.

My friend swears by venlafaxine.

I guess everyone is different.

What doses of each are you on and can you remember what the start up effects of velafaxine were. Im just petrified if side effects i cant even take strong painkillers without effects. I have severe ibs and everything seems to effect it.

The only trouble os my doctor wont prescribe anything else till i see a psychiatric doctor as a one off after psychiatric nurse didnt know what to do.

I feel the depression coming back as i just feel so unwell all the time

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

I am 68 now and had no previous history of clinical depression. My doctor has known me for over 30 years and knew I was not my normal self. He started me on a low dose antidepressant at first. It didn't seem to help at all. Two weeks later he started me on venlafaxine and mirtazapine on lower doses to be increased gradually. He also set up a referral for me with a psychiatrist. A week later my family was so alarmed they took me to the ER. A psychiatrist committted me to the hospital so he could monitor me whIle he adjusted my meds. I now take 300 mg venlafaxine and 15mg mirtazapine. I'm happier than I've been in years and I sleep better. I didn't really have any side effects that were problematic. I have some weird dreams, but not nightmares. My doctor is monitoring my cholestrol because the meds habe caused it to be high, but in my opinion

it's worth it to not feel like I did last year. My dosages are 300 mg venlafaxine and 15 mg mirtazapine. I know people can react differently to meds, but for me they work.

I hope you will find something that will work for you. Please let me know how you are doing.

Take care,

Phylis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.