any good advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all i've suffered bad health anxiety since june 18 tried sertraline and ecitalopram which didnt seem to help so doc put me on 10mg propranolol 3x daily and 5mg librium (chlordiazapoxide) 2x daily which have eased my anxiety but he now wants to wean me off librium and gave me 10mg citalopram to start has anyone else been similar to me as nervous about takeing them together and how will i feel on citalopram and what side effects ill i have any advice please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Its worked wonders for me, I'm up at 20mg. I original started on sertraline, devil pills, i stuck with them for months to no avail. I was also taking Propranolol but they had no effect so stopped. Its impossible to say what side effects you will get, for how long and whether Citalopram will in fact work for yourself, the reason being what works for one person can be a nightmare for another. The side effects i suffered with were, insomnia, diarrhea, shakes, increased anxiety, lack of libido and feeling sick. Most went after a few weeks, the libido took about 4 weeks, the heightened anxiety about 6 weeks and I'm just getting back into a decent sleeping pattern after 10 weeks. I take my meds first thing in the morning to minimise the disruption to sleep, if they make you tired as they do with some then take them just before bedtime.

I take them mainly for insufferable anxiety which brings on bouts of depression. It was 6 weeks before i noticed anything, i didn't think it could get any worse but it did at the start, now its mainly good days with the odd blip in between. I also went for therapy (CBT) the first time i tried it years ago i just didn't get on with the therapist and thought it was nonsense, this time was the complete opposite, i really enjoyed it, learned loads and its really helped. Also, I've got into exercise, it hugely helps anxiety, a total lifestyle change but seeing as i didn't have a life with the crippling anxiety it hasn't been hard to change. Lastly and most difficult i have finally realised that alcohol isn't for me, only ever been a weekend drinker but id pay for it for days afterwards. My view (others might disagree) is that A/D's are generally not a miracle cure, they work but for full recovery other changes or help is required. Apparently we are born with only two fears, heights and loud noises, everything else we teach ourselves. Undoing that (therapy) can have great results imo. It can take a lot of hard work, determination and perseverance but its well worth it. I hope that helps a little, good luck.

• Posted

hi

i take cit with pro its fine together it helps me through if i am having a blip

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.