Any good doctor who are treating Brionchiectasis?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi my son is 9 YO diagnosed with Brionchiectasis. Please share with me how to overcome such illness?

Any hope of recover?

Anyone know how it could develop i. Brionchiectasis? Initially he has asthma then this year doctor dianosed him with Brionchiectasis.

Please help me... Share with me how to overcome the challenge s for him.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

4b63fc522e

-----

Hi,

There are many patients worldwide who are being treated for Brionchiectasis.

It is a condition that is in just about every country.

Good news is that there antibiotics and breathing exercises that your boy can take/do.

Many can lead normal lives with Brionchiectasis. It depends on how much of the lungs are

affected. You will need a CT scan but I suspect you have already had a CT scan to get

your diagnosis.

Winter - he may get more infections than during summer. It depends on where you live.

He will be able to lead a normal life and work etc.

Make an appointment to see a physio who will show you breathing exercises to help clear his lungs.

I do my exercise about twice or three times a week.

Ron.

UK

-----------

• Posted

Dear Haydon

Thank You Haydon for your kind replied. Yes he had done CT scan and we saw many "ring" inside the lung...

He has been running with me for nearly 2 months and getting better than the last time after came put from hospital.

We are continuesly observing his diet, execersise and activities. Hope he wont get any further infection or else will have risk.

Thank you

Xuan Ling

• Posted

Ignore the strange code at the too.

cut and pasted my reply forgot to remove that

code smile 4b etc 

• Posted

Xuanling,

There are several people in this forum who has had bronchiectasis for most of their lives and are now in their 50s and 60s. So with taking precautions, your son will have a near to normal life.

I was told that I have it due to childhood illnesses, such as whooping cough.  Along with pneumonias and other things in my life (I feel that when I worked in a sewing factory 40 yrs ago for about a year, and was inhaling fabric fibers every day did damage to my lungs).  Doctors say that some people have it and never know it. Some people start having issues early in life, some later in life (mine started in my late 30s). I am now 67.

It's a progressive illness.  He will progressively get worse, BUT by being proactive, you can really slow down the progression. By doing so, he will be able to live a normal life.

This is a great forum to ask questions and get information on this illness. Also to exchange ideas.

Beth

• Posted

Dear Elizabeth

Thank You for your kind replied.

He is getting a little better until recently the Indonesia country burn palm trees (almost annual issues that impacting most of their neighbors countries.) the Haze has worsen his condition.

He has been running with me for nearly 2 months and getting better than the last time after came put from hospital.

We are continuesly observing his diet, execersise and activities. Hope he wont get any further infection or else will have risk.

I am praying for my son and you to be able to overcome the condition. All the best

Thank you

Xuan Ling

• Posted

Xuanling, the improtant thing for any patient or in your case the parent of a patient with Bronchiectasis is to learn as much as you can about the illness and then how to best to treat your son as well as showing him how to treat himself.You have come to the right place to get all the support that you need for your son I belieive. I have learned so much here.) And there also other sites on the web.

You will learn more each day. I was suprised and pleased to learn that some of us on our site have had this aliment since their teens or maybe earlier and are doing well. 

Some of the people on the site have found really good doctors that are up on the lasted treatments. And some have, like myself had to find somewhat better treatment.For example my Pulmonologist would not allow me to go onto long term antibiotics so I had to find a doctor who would.

It is up to you to find that one doctor or doctors or PA's or NP's who will give your son the best of care. And that may be a matter of time, but maybe not. You will get better at all of this just becasue you are so motivated I believe. I was I know.

I know you will do the your best and am looking forward to hearing you find what you are looking for, for your son.

Best

Russ

• Posted

Dear Russell,

Thank You for your valueble and kind replied.

He is getting a little better until recently the Indonesia country burn palm trees (almost annual issues that impacting most of their neighbors countries.) the Haze has worsen his condition.

We are doing therapy for him 3 to 4 times a day to ensure the phlegm will be able to cough out more easily.

All the best for you too

Thank you

Xuan Ling

• Posted

Hi All,

Is there anyone have similar syntom "primary ciliary dyskinesia with bronchiectasis"?

I am looking for more information and find out from patient how to help my son feeling more comfortable after cough. He also always tell me many times can't smell...

Is ther eany way or any doctor who can treat "primary ciliary dyskinesia with bronchiectasis"?

?Hope to hear from you soon. Thank You

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.