Any good recovery stories?

Posted , 6 users are following.

We all have different recovery rates. How is everyone's recovery been so far? Good and bad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

IThe only thing thats been any help for me has been my BPPV exercises, they instantly stopped the spinning and feeling of terror. I found them on you tube.

My problem was due to a tooth extraction wheich had affected my inner ear, so the treatment was the same as a whiplash injury.. Neck excercises and BPPV treatment excercises,, BOTH done at home.. great!

I only get a tiny bit woozy when i lie down and do my excercises. YEAH!

My neck is still stiff and I try not to stay on the computer too long. Looking down is a strain for me.  But i cant  stress enough for others how much these and other You tube videos have helped.. Best of luck to all with Positional Vertigo and all the other scary symtoms.. your friend in San Francisco. Lorraine.  PS thks to the makes of Xanax who helped me not jump out of a window! (kidding).

• Posted

Well it's been 4 weeks so far. With the help of the vestibular therapy I have regained my balance, well up until last week. I got a concussion so that just adds to my dizziness. Over all my  balance is fairly good, the nausea was good until I got the concussion. But the dizziness is still there when I move my head or when I'm up walking around. The ENT and my GP both said it takes roughly 4-8 weeks to go away. I sure hope they're right.
    • Posted

Crystal,  

Sorry to hear about the concussion ugh. My docs all said 4-8 weeks as well but that was not my case or many others. It seems to take a long time for recovery. Sorry I am not one to sugar coat things lol. Vestibular exercises and exercising in general will work wonders. May not be perfect but I started to feel much better afterwards. I am glad to hear that you have gained some balance. Vertigo is the absolute worse stuff I ever had to deal with. It has been I guess around 10 months for me now and I feel much better. Still not perfect but I keep pushing. I believe pushing ourselves and taking extra steps each and every day with this stuff makes us recover quicker

• Posted

Hello I didn't look to see how long ago this thread is but I got this two weeks ago, I didn't have the dizzieness as in spinning but I did have the disequilibrium and unsteadiness as well as head pressure and feeling off, it was terrible and reading these threads gave me little to no hope, I thought I was gonna be like that forever. I stared doing the vestibular exercises and getting out more so that my body could get used to the imbalance and sure enough as soon as I started accepting it, the sooner it went away!!! You just have to believe you will get better and you WILL!!!! Give it time!! Do the exercises!!! And look up!!! I know you might feel doomed I did too!!! But I am 90% back to normal and it's only been 2 weeks. ALSO PRAAAAAY!!! Praaaay!!!

• Posted

Hi Tavia

loved your positive post!

i'm just past the one week Mark - post sinus infection. I'm still feeling pretty skinny, but I'm pushing myself as much as I can. Went to work last week because I had no choice as I was covering for two people away on holiday. It was very tough, but I got through it. Taking a short walk every evening even if I feel like I'm going to topple over - I never have. Doing vestibular exercises as well, but mostly doing reps in the evening because I can't afford to make myself more dizzy at work - though I do some reps throughout the day.  I just want this to be over!

how are you doing, now?

best,

linda

• Posted

Sorry, I'm feeling dizzy, not skinny😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.