Any happy stories about Botox for anal fissure?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm waiting for a date for investigation under anaesthetic and possible Botox injections. I see some scary stories here. Has anyone had a good and successful experience of this treatment?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

the lack of replies is worrying as ive just had this done also! hopefully there are others who have a success story with this otherwise they wouldnt keep giving botox to us all right lol?

All the best ! 😃

• Edited

I have been trying to convince myself that I don't need it but the pain reminds me that I need to do something. I hope it has gone well for you. I'd love to hear how you're getting on. I now have a date at the end of the month. 🙂

• Posted

Yes its an awful dread feeling knowing that you will have to have this type of operation/procedure. But i also think with pain like this & in this area as well, it's one you can't just leave if that makes sense!

I'm a week post botox and (i think)a fissurectomy and i really don't know whether its worked or not. yet!

Oh at least now you know u have a date for the procedure! what country do you live also? and how long have you been struggling with the tear? Don't worry too much for now 😃

• Edited

I'm having botox on 16th August had to go private. NHS a joke. I'm scared as reading some of these posts but can't be any worse than the pain I've had for months after stool movement in pain for hours because I work in an office sitting down all day makes it worse . like passing glass. they don't cut anymore having the botox lasts 3/6 months gives time for tear to heal. hope so as can't afford keep going private

• Posted

What was your experience with the NHS if u dont mind me asking? What happened 😕

I had my botox procedure done on NHS also a week ago and it wasn't a great experience. it wasnt bad either, but I didnt see my colorectal surgeon the whole day before or after the procedure and communication was crap! Glad it's over for now tbh, but i suspect i will have to go through it again in some months for a second bout of botox injections

• Posted

Just on a waiting list even though you in so much pain so had to go private as could not take anymore. I had my botox on Monday 16th the evening was horrendous where was so constipated that's due to the anaesthetic. took lots of medicines eventually passed stool after so much pain no favours as botox was injected there. have to say day 3 have no pain .but am making sure my stools are soft taking a fybogel each nite and will now watch my diet. surgeon said it had been there some time .yes had this since January maybe even earlier .I'm hoping now I can be pain free,as having pain everyday is no fun .

• Posted

yeah i get that, i had to call after months for a surgery date and j think my case must have got lost somewhere and they called back to give me a date 4 weeks away! it was awful, like i said i never saw/spoke to the actual colorectal surgeon once, & i left 2 hours or so later with no aftercare or anything! Only paracetamol and laxido!

So you have only just had botox injections a few days ago! how is everything feeling? and is this your first round of botox ?

• Posted

hi ya. yes had botox on Monday have to say no pain .just constipated from anaesthetic which takes about 4/5 days to get out system .yes my first lot botox hoping don't have to have anymore. Monday will tell better when I go back to work and sitting all day that was the worst time for pain after passing stool. I'm off for this week so hence not sitting all day and always found being home was not as bad .I begrudged paying private but just had to get it sorted x

• Edited

It failed twice for my chronic deep fissure. Though it did work on my other fissure that was shallow and several months old.

• Posted

I am day 3 now having the same and at the moment I have no pain , I agree some of the stories on here are scary .the evening of the op I was so constipated and pain took lots of medicines to make me go, that's what the anaesthetic does horrible ,eventually did empty bowel ,I found my fissure was worse when at work sitting all day as oppose to being at home . I will post again to let you know how it going .so far feeling positive and pain free

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.