Any help advice appreciated for anal fissure

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi I'm looking any advice, help, tips.... Anything at all that will help an anal fissureim ?! Suffering so bad, can't stick the pain, scared of going to loo and generally just feeling very down and depressed cause I can't seem to get any ease from it. Everyday is the same thing, go to loo have really bad pain for hours later.... I don't know how much longer I can stick it. I have had this problem on and off for some years, but this is the worst iv been. I would really appreciate any advice anyone has to help me. Thank you in advance

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Natalie, I know how horrible the pain is. I had surgery Kenalog Protocol March 2019. Took me 3 months after to finally find relief. I started taking 600 mg of Ibuprofen with Tylenol 325 mg twice daily. that helped with swelling and pressure so going to the loo or bathroom was less scary. In times of great pain very hot sitz bath then Nedfidpine ointment , right after laying down with a heating pad under my butt.

Have you seen any surgeons to help you with chronic AF?

• Posted

Yes I have seen surgeon, I have had botox procedures on it 5 times, but it keeps coming back. Waiting to go in for camera test to see what surgery I can get. I'm so fed up, very sore, been crying a lot today. Today has been a bad day. Everyday I hope it's bit better and less sore but not showing any signs of easing up. Iv 3 kids at home and it's so hard some days to just "try" and get on with it. I take stuff to help make it easier going to loo but just not getting any betyer

• Posted

You been through so much, I Don't know what your surgeon is capable of but IF botox failed 5x please go with a much more sure thing. I can't blame you for avoiding LIS but many here had great results. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Natalie, Get some laxido, also known as movicol, take a sachet at around 6.0 pm along with a 500mg magnesium citrate tablet, after a couple of days you should get into the routine of having an easy bowel movement. once you get into a routine, it will be easy to go, and you wont have to push, which helps enormously with the pain afterwards.

• Posted

Thank you for your advice I will try what you have said. I'm willing to try anything if it helps. Doesn't seem to be getting better at all. It's the most horrible pain and feeling for hours after going to loo

• Posted

please consider LIS, it has a high success rate. it can heal you for good

also try these things:

• don't eat white flour foods or anything else that is constipating for you
    • add kiwis, pears, prunes, flax seed to your diet
    • take a stool softner daily such as movicol, lactulose, or magnesium citrate/oxide
    • take 2-3 sitz baths a day to get blood flowing to the area to promote healing
    • exercise is also good for blood flow
    • don't wipe with dry tissue. dab with wet tissue until clean
    • or better option, buy a portable shower spray bidet to clean the area
    • Posted

Thank you for your advice, I will try what you have said. I'd try anything to be honest cause I'm feeling so sore and down at mo. Feels like it's never going to get better.

• Posted

Hi Nat,

u need to get LIS asap. i’ve been through everything that you have described I also have two children and couldn’t spend a quality minute with them! be sure to wash and not wipe your bottom use a lubricant before BM have hot bath before and after if you have the time . sit on the hottest heat pad u can, Are used a very hot wheat bag it was the best thing ever. you must not take painkillers that make you spasm this is a bad cycle it’s better that you don’t take any medication like this regardless of how much you think it helps. I know that sounds impossible but when the surgeon told me to stop taking pain killers, I said how can I possibly get through without painkillers he said you just have to. So i did and it got better to handle after a week or so. Do not eat acidic foods at all. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you for your advice I will try what u said. Its awful how I'm feeling, feeling very depressed at the mo, wondering how much longer I can stick it. Its hard when you have little ones to look aftwe

• Posted

I have never heard of Botox working not once ever! f anyone out there says that it works please respond but how do you know whether you weren’t healing anyway ?

• Posted

my friend had a 1 year old fissure and it healed her completely within 2 months.

as for me, it never worked for my chronic years old fissure but it did heal a 3 month old fissure.

• Posted

I know now it doesn't work, after 5 go's 😭 hopefully I'll get something to help as I'm very sore, down and fed up

• Posted

hi Betty, That is the first time I’ve heard Botox work. That said, two months after surgery with Botox your friend may have been doing different things that may have healed it anyway.

• Posted

hi Nat, Hopefully you can get some good assistant with your children. I guess it’s about planning when you’re in this condition, try and go to the toilet when you least to be around people or caring for your kids. Have you been using a hot wheat bag, simply heated in a microwave fir 2 mins right after BM? I can't stress how much this thing helped me!! Also trying not to stress as this causes more spasms. walk as much as you can, that helps with everything. After so many BOTOX treatments, I can’t understand your doctor not pushing you for LIS surgery before now! You need to do it. I had it done a year ago, I still have a fissure but the pain is completely manageable now. I have a life again. You will too.

• Posted

Sorry to hear what you are (all) going through, i can so relate to the experience of being afraid to go to the toilet; sometimes spending over an hour in there, shouting in pain when the BM happens... then hours of pain, i got to a point of deep despair the other day and took a bucket into the shower... yep, it sounds crazy but I'd just had enough. i tried holding the hot water jet on the area for a few minutes then actually felt the spasmed muscle slowly relax and miraculously i had a relatively painless and blood free BM (into the bucket). keeping the shower on the area afterwards soothes soreness and cleans you up without wiping. it's a bit undignified but if you can get over that it may be worth a try and might even help the fissure to heal (by causing less damage to the fissure each BM). the huge feeling of relief first time helped me see the funny side of a very low point.

• Posted

BLESS YOUR HEART! I HAVE NOT BEEN CONFIRMED WITH A FISSURE YET, BUT I SEE A SURGEON NEXT WEEK. DOES YOUR PAIN TRAVEL TO THE GENITIAL AREA AT ALL? DO YOU HURT WHEN SITTING AND WHERE DO YOU FEEL THAT PAIN IF SO? I WILL SAY DO WHAT WORKS AND MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER!

• Posted

bless you too and thank you for your kind words. no i don’t experience any pain in the genital area. mostly the pain is in my back passage and this is constant (sitting, standing, walking), but i also get 'lightening flashes' of pain across my lower bowels. good luck with your appointment, i hope you find relief.

• Posted

I will try the tips u have give me, its awful to feel like this, i just cant seem to get a break from it. Waiting on surgery date at the mo, have had Botox 5 times and its done nothing. Hope u feel better soon

• Posted

i sincerely hope you have better results with surgery Natalie. i am scheduled for first botox in 2 weeks and praying that will work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.