Any help for perimenopausal joint pain???

Posted , 8 users are following.

Every week it's a knee pain somewhere in some joint on my damn body !!! Anybody have any ideas on what can help?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had horrible bone and joint pain for months. blood tests all normal, but I asked for copy. I noticed my Vitamin D was on the lowest level range. Drs will not show concern typically if numbers are within the normal lab range. I did research and found out how important vitamin D is for your body, and most people are low. I started taking 3000 IU a day and within a few weeks most of my bone pain was gone and joint pain lessened. I'm not saying it's a cure all but low levels can cause a host of issues. check your levels and be proactive especially if your Dr doesn't even test for it.

• Posted

Hello klm

When I started bhrt my aches and pains were pretty much sorted, but after about 6 months it came back. I ache and click all the time. I take hrt now which I'm sure helps, but also take cod liver oil, probiotic, menopace and try to stretch and exercise regardless. You may want to get it checked because sometimes low calcium /vitamin D can also effect your pain. I don't take anything for that because in theory I should be getting enough calcium from hrt. Good luck xx

• Posted

If your by a pool, that would help! The water is very soothing to the body. I take magnesium at night to help with my joints. I also feel so much better when I get some kind of exercise. Try to keep moving because the more I sit, I notice the achyness even more.

• Posted

HI- A year ago, my knees were absolutely killing me! (I am 47) It was so painful and made me feel so old! I took a lot of Advil but then I heard about taking a turmeric supplement. I took it twice a day and within about three weeks the pain was gone and I’m still pain-free now. It’s truly amazing, because that is about the only change I made. I did start taking a walk a couple times a week but that hasn’t been very consistent and I’m still pain-free. I haven’t lost any weight, I could lose about 20 pounds but honestly the pain in my knees is completely gone now. It’s very cheap I don’t even spend a lot of money on it, just the turmeric supplement at the pharmacy. It has a lot of other positive benefits as well if you read up on it and I don’t think I can hurt you but just double check. Good luck!

• Posted

ive delt with the same symptoms only to find out that my vitamin D WAS VERY low. ive been on 1000 mg vitamin D for four years now and it helps with the aches ,pains and has grown me thinning hair back

• Posted

ive delt with the same symptoms only to find out that my vitamin D WAS VERY low. ive been on 1000 mg vitamin D for four years now and it helps with the aches ,pains and has grown me thinning hair back

• Posted

morning. I have also suffered with joint pain over the years. Frozen shoulder and knee pain. I am taking daily Turmeric which I believe has helped. I also take Vit D. I have found yoga to help too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.