any help much appreciated

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am about to embark on my selincro journey but I do have questions. I would really appreciate any help so if you get an answer please share. My main concern is how bad are the side effects? I have 2. Young children and I work full time. Taking time off is not an option for me. If . Am really honest, I am scared that I will never feel that 'wine buzz' again. Does this medication really stop you getting any kind of buzz. I still want to enjoy a drink with my friends and have wine on a cosy night in with my partner! I know my drinking is out of hand but I'd still like the occasional 'wine buzz'

Good luck on your journey. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

When you take Selincro before you drink, the alcohol will still make you merry or even drunk, but you are much less likely to want to carry on drinking until you are in a mess. You will still enjoy the atmosphere and the less inhibited conversation that takes place when people are drinking. What it will stop is that additional reward that you get, the one that causes you to have a problem with alcohol. People without an alcohol problem don't get that additional reward so, basically, you will only get the pleasure the majority of people get and not that feeling on top which makes you unable to stop when others do.

The side effects are quite unpleasant for some people but they subside over the first few times you take Selincro. If you took it daily, initially, you would see them get less and less over the first week and they are normally gone after that week.

• Posted

I am starting the same journey as you I've been prescribed selincro but can't take it at the moment cos I'm going on holiday today and need to drive but when I get back on Thursday i'll start it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.