any help of knowledge welcomed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I was wondering on any help of natural and non natural advice for sensory small fiber neurapathy ? also what are the long term effects of the condition and what are some stories if you care to share that got you through and also may be a cause that you feel triggered it. As well as daily lifes symptoms and struggles.. Thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I was in coma for ten days, so I got it through oxygen deprivation. I still exercise, important to get oxygen down there and keep as healthy as I can. I have to get more rest, don't overdue it. I put my feet up and relax. So that is my major life style change. Also see my doctor regularly. Best wishes to you.

• Posted

thank you for sharing,do you get any pain in your scalp or head? what are the areas that are mostly affected and how long have you had the condition? thank you tricia75754
    • Posted

Sorry forgot tosay that magnesium can help. This can be oral, spray or in baths of epsom salt. Vitamin B12 and Vit D plus collagen help to rebuild the nerves and also repair connective tissue .
  • Posted

I suggest getting to the root cause as many medications can cause neuropathy. Going gluten free is advised as well. There are websites on the dangers of drugs that cause neuropathyas well.
    • Posted

eating is free of chemicals does limit the inflammation, I know that is true from research and seeing improvements.
    • Posted

Yes I agree. Organic foods , no ready made meals or processed foods, Paelo Immune diet all help plus collagen.
  • Posted

Hi Susan

I can't help you too much but I have had a recent diagnosis of small fibre neuropathy. I have Restless Leg Syndrome but because of the pain I was getting I was sent for a nerve conduction test and neuropathy was the outcome. I don't know what has caused the RLS or the neuropathy. It all started two years ago when I was 66. I am very interested in what anyone else says!

• Posted

well, I went to the best doctors and it an be from diabetes,infections,immunity response,medications,or idopathic meaning they dont know. I just would like to know how some people are living with it and outcomes of some. It can go into remission,be progressive ,or just go completely. Just wondering of others,it is small fiber sensory neuropathy caused by immune system,so if anyone has that ,please let me know ,thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.