Any help or advice would be brilliant: PIP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, just wondering if possible for some Advice, my cousin who suffers mental health was on dla, I took her to the Assesment for PIP, was Advised to take notes , and i forgot my Book, Anyway a little Background, she is 33, was in childrens homes from being little abused mentally and physically all her problems started about age 10, she was seeing mental health team for around a year when younger, and wouldnt attend doctors which i know have massivly let her down, iv just got her back going which took me 2 days to get her to go there ,as she was some how living on her own in a flat which she set on fire twice burnt herself up to April and now living with me,the rent was behind aparently the so called man didnt want money she has poor reading writing, no understanding with money, apart from mental health she suffers bad anxiety wont go out by choice doesnt look when crossing the road, she has ear defenders, it goes on poor hygiene doesnt have a clue, she suffers siatica and cronic with her lower back anyway this is just a few things, she is on Lanzaprazole, Naproxen, Mirtazapine 30mg, inhaler and waiting for lung function test for Copd. Our Doctors cant make referals anymore to mental health its self referal and my cousin wont ring it she doesnt understand iv tried but they wont take my referal.everything the assesor asked i did most of the talking as my cousin doesnt cope very well, she wouldnt look at her, had slippers on because she wont wear shoes? Wont let me brush her hair , it goes on but the letter Arrived stating 0 points for nothing, Any advice would be great and sorry if doesnt make sense iv never helped anybody before but what was put in that letter isnt what happend the day i took her for the assesment, Do you think this is because of the lack of my cousin going to appoinents which is really hard , Also anybody think should do the Mandatory Reconsideration?Im doing all caring for her myself Thankyou Lou

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lou, you need to ask for a Mandatory Reconsiderstion (MR) You only have 28 days from the date on the letter to get this in. Ring them first then put the request in writing. CAB are good with this sort of thing if they're near to you maybe you could ring them. Their waiting lists are long for appointments so don't delay if you're going to do this. If you haven't already done so ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report. Did she send in evidence to support her claim? When going for these assessments answering the questions with a simple yes or no isn't enough. You need to explain why you can't do something if you can't do it. PIP is all about how your conditions affect you daily. Most MR decisions remain the same so be prepared to take it to Tribunal Appeal. It's a very long process so i hear. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi denise thankyou for your reply, sorry i was late in replying, basically she hasnt done anything off her own back shes just been left her mental health is really bad, suppose better get something sorted as everybody more or less seems to have a fight on now, this system is bad. Thankyou for your advice x
    • Posted

Hi lou I found you. Firstly everything youve put on here makes alot of sense. Definately ring them or with the decision letter. Write in and ask them to reconsider. Go through each question. Again. Giving the answers make sure its how your friend is on a very bad day. Go through every one. To make it very clear. ie She cant do things on her own. She also has to be cared for. The medication shes got. The dangers shes been in. And potentially if on her own could happen again. See if youve any prescription repeats to send in. ANYTHING atall is better then nothing. If you can do this even if it takes you a few days to answer each question. The assessors have scored you on. Explain about how it effects her daily living. And the fact your her carer and see what she is like. All illness,s are diffrent. And mental health patients have the same rights us with visable disabilitys have. If you can You can see a citizens advise advisor. They can onastly help. In your letter be very clear about how it effects Her. Once youve done this. Go to a library unless youve got a printer. And get your reply photocopied. Also as you think youve got to self refer to any services. Part is true but a doctor can also. Try ringing Care direct aswell. But firstly do the all important letter. See if that goes anywere. In the waiting time contact care direct. Thats adult social services. And ask if your friend can be assessed. You need to stress she NEEDS HELP. They do come out. So if the first part dosnt work. Whilst waiting on the appeal. You could focus on my suggestions. Any questions if anything as confused you. Please ask. And do not give up noway. The system are letting so many people down. Also if you go to the DWP site. Type in scoring for pip assesment. They have the same questions youd of been already asked on the official site. I did this before my assement.And you answer the questions you read. You if tick want results sent to you. Need to give your email address were the results although your see them yourself after youve done the test with your friend . Will be sent. That way you keep that. To remind yourselves of answers. As remember these people are out to trick you into answering what they want. And are good at twisting information given. I think ive covered most. Hugh goodluck. The DWP site has alot of factual information on pip so hopefully can help you futher.
    • Posted

Hiya thankyou so so much for all your information, its a nightmare i cant believe what i read about these assesments its awful unfortunatly only way of saying what they are are lies no other way of explaining what the assesors are doing and no i wont give up for my cousin she needs too much care to do that, will keep you updated,thankyou Lou
    • Posted

Your more then welcome. I think its beyond words what theyve done. And I hope for us all and everyone thatve had to go through this. The goverment soon realise doing it this way. Is wrong. As the numbers in appeals of winning are proving. Gd luck hun. Your cousins lucky to have you x
    • Posted

Im all she has , i do appreciate your advice and will do my best X
    • Posted

Took her to drs today, it takes me a few days to convince her to go but luckily the dr was really nice he is doing a letter which should be ready tomorrow, hopefully will help with mandatory reconsideration :-)
    • Posted

Thats brillant news well done. If theirs anyone else even close friends that know your cousins situation they could write a letter too. I did mine today over the phone. As they hadnt received the letter I sent. The lady was lovely. Not as frightening as some have had. I did it over the phone as theyve already got loads of evidence. But weve diffrent cases . But still with the same goal. Of getting the help we require. X
    • Posted

Yes our aunty will , she doesnt have any friends though, i will send all documents recorded delivery hopefully wont be able to do that then but if dont recieve il have to ring up too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.