Any help would be appreciated please!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I Had ACL done about 10 years ago using the hamstring as a graft and all went well, then 18 months later had tiba screw removed as it was protruding and causing discomfort.

Between there and now have had 3 mensial cartlidge ops done all on the same knee, saw my GP last Oct regarding  pain when i walk too far or if i am on my feet too long, also knee have given way several time, and i get a grinding pain going up and down stairs aldo loud crack sound in knee coming down stairs.

The MRI showed no evidence of meniscal pathology but a strong suspicion of a full thickness tear to the mid ACL graft and medial patellofemoral articular cartilage degeneration as well as some changes on the lateral femoral condyle.

She struggles with the knee giving way and constant anterior knee discomfort.

Clinically there is mild effusion on the left side i have have a irritable patellofemoral joint with positive Clarke's test.

No tenderness over the joint lines and she has got a mildly positive Lachman's test.

Collateral ligaments were intact and there is no distal neurovascular deficit.

He explained that whilst there is a strong possibility that my ACL reconstruction may have ruptured he feels that it was more likely that my symptoms where originating from a degenerate patellofemoral joint.

He also stated that the main stay of treatment is going to be pain control and physiotherapy including some ACL rehab.

He has refereed me to physio which i am now doing and waiting for an appointment to see a pain doctor!

If i am on my feet too long or walk too far then i get swelling below the knee cap and the pain is a awful!

Just wonering if anyone else has had this please much appreciate your input as i felt as if i was taking up his time, but i just feel i have no quality of life at the moment and starting to feel depressed with it all!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

my rightknee keeps dislocation and is swollen, hurts to bend, hurts to bear weight and move.im limping. so get it checked out if your worried
    • Posted

I am still under the doctor and physio Alex, sounds like you need to be too if your suffering with your knee hun
  • Posted

i might i might have to go the doctor for it becuase my knee brace isnt worlking and it is getting worse
    • Posted

Best to get it checked out Alex! as you might be doing more damage by ignoring it 
  • Posted

i have tried taking to my mom and the nurse but they agree that a doctor appoionment isn't required but theyd ont get that it may be something actually wrong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.