Any herbal remedies for Arthritis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 38 and recently diagnosed as having arthritis, I was wondering if anyone knew of any herbal remedies. My symptoms are a burning sensation/pain down both arms and legs and a pins and needles pain at times across my back between my shoulders. I've pains in my legs and swelling of my ankles as the day goes on. I've swelling of my hands and the pains in my hands can be quite sore. I've had to get my rings enlarged by 2 ring sizes. I've had these symptoms now for 6 mths. As i'll have hopefully many years still ahead of me i don't want to be taking loads of painkillers and anti-inflammatories if there was something else suitable of a more natural means. Is glucosamine any good? They have tested to rule out rheumatoid and thankfully it has come back clear but my inflammation levels are high. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Apparently cider vineger and honey are good
  • Posted

At the moment i am willing to try anything thanks smile

• Posted

Hi anniemc, Glucosamine is good. Try for Natural Supplements. You can find it in internet if you google it.

Thanks

Jeremy

• Posted

Most kinds of arthritis are chronic and may not be controlled completely by conventional treatments.

People may seek additional relief from herbal remedies or supplements, or may use these substances instead of conventional medications.There are some herbal supplements available but its better to consult a doctor because according to your health state intake of some medicine can give you sideeffects .

• Posted

Hi just would like to update - I'm currently taking glucosamine and calcium with vit d which seems to be helping

Thanks for all your advice

Annie

• Posted

Glucosamine is quite good. But i find green lipped mussels extract extremely helpful for inflammation. I take Jointsnknees which has Mussel extract and its helped me quite a bit. I am also dead against taking painkillers on a daily basis as they really attack the digestive system.

• Posted

Diet can help, I saw a naturopath who gave me some invaluable advice.

Ginger and turmeric are great anti inflammatory foods as are oats and celery.

I drink ginger tea (grated / sliced fresh root ginger in hot water) and eat porridge daily which seems to help.

Look online for anti inflammatory food and you will find lots of useful advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.