Any hints on how to relax

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been experiencing anxiety symptoms for a number of years now, but lately they seem to be getting worse, my mum passed away last April, and as I was her carer and was always busy I think that now I have much more time on my hands and maybe am concentrating on symptoms much more. I worry that I have a problem with my heart all the time, but I can briskly walk 2-3 miles without even getting out of breath, but then while sitting quietly in the evening I get palpitations, light headedness and the more I think about it the worse it gets, yesterday it was weak feeling legs, and I can't seem to really relax, it's horrible😣😣

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your mother. May she RIP. As for relaxing their is many ways which I'm sure you knon some of them if not all.   Listen to a nice CD, maybe one tfor anxiety free on the internet,  Deep breathing (biofeedback), Essensial oils, Lavender is really good to relax and still keep you alert. (With a diffuser is better). Read a book and drink a nice tea. Think about good things and always be thankful for all those good things instead of feeling fear for what you have now or think you have.  Accept what comes to you and just live day by day being happy for each day the sun comes out.  Yes, is not easy but not impossible.  btw, If you can walk 2-3 miles and feel good then your heart is good. ;-)

• Posted

Read a book, drinking some tea like Chamomile with lavendar, or just some Chamomile. Make sure the teas that you drink are non-caffeinated, by the way. You could also, try to take a hot bath before you start reading & drinking that hot tea of yours. I'm not sure what else to suggest, hon. I hope things get better.
  • Posted

Yes, nice warm bath for 12 minutes with Epson Salt will relax your muscles and add magnessium which is needed to sleep good as well as vitamin b6.
  • Posted

I have been feeling off this week. I think because my cycle started. As i was sitting on the couch, i started having palpitations for no reason. Which then triggers nervousness and other things. So i turned on a yoga video. Did that for 25 minutes and now I feel better. I also have lavendar oil that i smell and chamomile tea helps make you sleepy.
  • Posted

Do you have a pet? Dogs are great companions. Maybe a small dog will sidetrack some of the anxiety. Id say to choose a low maintence small dog. Very comforting and enjoyable
  • Posted

taking a hot shower drinking chamomille usually helps smile
  • Posted

im so sorry about your mom ;( i lost mine on may 29 2012 and honestly losing her brought on my anxiety and depression she was my comfort blanket
  • Posted

I sometimes sip a hot cup of Yogi brand stress tension tea, its very aromatic. I take a deep breathe,breathing it in then take a sip & think or speak a positive thought every sip with my eyes closed, I also picture calming nature scenes. Maybe in your case even incorporate something comforting that belonged to Mother, RIP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.