Any idea what this rash/skin condition is?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have blister like marks that when the skin peels turns into a burn like mark which is sore,they are located on my neck,groin and leg.THe marks have started to scab over and look like dry skin,I’m worried that I may have genital Herpes although what I have looks like no image I’ve seen online as Herpes more like impetigo or ring work.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If you had genital herpes you would probably be complaining of blisters and sores on and in the vulva and vagina.

This sounds more like Bullous Impetigo which should clear up on its own,and disappear on its own. Keep the areas clean and dry.

If it becomes really difficult to live with,and is still bothering you after eg 2 weeks, or spreads, then you will need help from your doctor. It can be spread quite easily so keep your hands very clean, and stay away from babies and anybody who is susceptible to infection. Dont share towels or flannels. You can pass this on to a sexual partner but it is not classified as an STI as it can be picked up in other ways.

You might like also to attend an STD clinic to get their opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.