Any ideas!!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 54 for the last month I have had loose bowel movements no blood no mucus (never speak to soon sure as Christ will have this for opening my big mouth) but definitely a change.

The past two days I've had very loose stools after eating and bloating and I must also add that I have had shingles as well in this same time line.

Wonder if anybody has any ideas.

P.S. Being going to weight watchers for 12 weeks lost over two stone and changed from eating all the rubbish like chocolate cakes and anything else I could eat not touched any of that and I can assure you I was eating incredible amounts and have come off all that and that's when my stomach decides to go crazy.

Again any ideas as I can't sleep for worry. xxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Diet change can cause bowel habit disturbance. Don't worry.  Instead, keep a food diary to see if any foods are triggering symptoms.  If you are intoducing more fibre into your diet, this could cause looser stools;  worry can also do this.  Do you have any other symptoms like stomach pain that is constant, comes and goes and moves about your stomach? Do you bowel habits ever switch back to constipation?

It sounds like your stomach/bowel is adjusting to your new way of eating.

• Posted

Thanks for replying.

I never have constipation and all of a sudden I have loose stools and I was eating as much rubbish foods as I could lay my hands on I have always ate whole me bread all of a sudden I was eating ww microwave meals a thing I never did before but to save making different meals for everyone and to be quite honest it was easier to keep to the regime.

I neither smoke nor drink and I do have haemachromotosis which is that I make to much iron but I am attending appointments for that and that is kept under control due to being venasected (get pint blood taken from me) so that is under control.

Sorry for harping on but because of depression and anxiety I get incredibly freaked with health issues but this is definitely getting me down getting blood results back today so more stress.

Hopefully , Heather x

• Posted

Wait to see if your bowel habits settle down once you have got used to the diet change and try distraction techniques like light exercise or a hobby to take your mind off your health.  Less anxiety will help your symptoms.  Good luck with the blood test results. 
    • Posted

Thanks for replying.

I got the blood test back which said there was inflammation in the blood just slightly.

My doctor has said this is because I've had shingles which would elevate this.

I am so fed up with feeling unwell and my digestive problems are getting the better of me I'm just eating quite small amounts of food so that I can feel better.

Sorry for whining but just the way I feel.

Thanks Again. Heather

• Posted

Have been told that I have inflammation of the bowel as well which along with the other thing has frightened the sh.. out of me (excuse the pun).

So now I have slightly elevated inflammation in my blood , inflammation of the bowel and I'm still not over the shingles there has been a lot of pain.

In answer to your question no meds but another stool test to check if I have an infected stomach.

Anyway thank you for replying. Xx

• Posted

No nothing for the now.

Have had stool test that says I have inflammation of the bowel

I had to send in another stool test to see if there is an infection.

All this is scaring the s**t out of me (excuse the pun).

I am so down with all of this can't help but think the worst.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.