Any ideas?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi 

I’m a 24yr old female, recently lost just under 3stone (I’m now just under 9st) (in about 6 months). My bowel movement reduced significantly in this time, i imagine due to eating less and eating better. However... in the past couple of months, we’re talking daily, I feel the need to pass gas, this often is a big release that seems to releave a lot of pressure. I very rarely poop and when I do it’s minimal, maybe once a week I have a “proper poo”. I often pass gas whilst on the toilet, it sounds quite wet and there’s pretty much always blood / mucus when I wipe. Also when on the toilet I sometimes pass a tiny stool that i barely feel or sometimes a brownish mushy liquid that i don’t feel either, just see in the bowl. The blood is normally minimal but on occasion there can be quite a lot on my tissue.

Aside from this I have no pain, my health has improved massively and i have generally more energy than I used to. 

Can anyone shed any light? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have exactly the same symptoms as you, weight loss (lost just over 3 stone in a few months, however I’m keeping my weight steady now), irregular bowel movements, passing large quantities of gas, rectal bleeding and mucus, bloating, but generally feeling ok although there is a slight sense of feeling a bit groggy everyday, which tends to get worse on bowel movement days. I’ve been diagnosed with IBS with haemorrhoids.

I had a colonoscopy with biopsies a few months ago and the doctor said my colon, rectum, and last part of small bowel looked very healthy, no issues at all, and biopsies came back normal. In light of this the doctor diagnosed IBS with haemorrhoids.

Even though your symptoms sound like an IBD such as Ulcerative Colitis and/or Crohns Disease, doesn’t necessarily mean you have either. The only way to be sure is see your doctor, rectal bleeding does need prompt further investigation.

• Posted

You need to go to see your GP if you haven’t already been it could be ibd or it could be ibs and constipation causing hemaroids only way to find out if it’s ibd is to get a colonoscopy good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.