Any ideas?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Was in hospital for 2 days with appendicitis.im 20 and a male. My blood pressure was 130/84 when I first came in then it was 107/69 then 135/80 then 111/ 71 then 123/91. Hospital didn't seemed concerned about it but what causes the upper to be high but lower low and then the upper to be lower than before but the lower be high then before? My heart rate varied alot but isn't tachycardia it's usually between 60-90 lower when lying down and goes up to around 90 when sitting and bounces around and jumps to 120 when standing and rises yo 130/140 when walking mainly worried about this variability in my BP upper and lower, any ideas?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen your regular doctor or a Cardiologist?  All of this could be because you were ill with appendicitis in the hospital your blood pressures didn’t seem bad at all and my opinion but your heart rate definitely has something going on if it’s jumping

What were the discharge instructions about your heart rate? 

• Posted

Nothing they didn't say anything about it, it fluctuates alot but doesn't cause symptoms apart from the occasional skipped beat or occasional palpitations but they seem to come when stressed or in a panic attack, I went doctors and had a panic attack heart rate went to 160. But I have been extremely calm in hospital even tho I spent 3 nights there. Strange

• Posted

BP sounds completely normal.  It's supposed to vary with activity. None of those numbers are scary high or low.  Have a nice day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.