Any ideas??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am a 43yr old male in generally good health. There is no Bowel Cancer in my family and im a non smoker. I have had erratic bowel movements over the last 6-9 months, for a few weeks it will be normal and then a week of diarrhea. I also noticed blood in my stool (light red thinish stripe across stool) this only happened once and freaked me out that much i visited A&E who did their usual tests and released me with no treatment needed. My bowels can have sudden movement, especially after fried food. I am now also having bouts of nausea and burping. 

My GP has advised a colonoscopy to find out what the exact cause is, he was fairly sure its nothing too serious because of the colour of blood. I am obviously terrified its bowel cancer.  I am interested to hear if anyone has something similar.   

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.