Any ideas?

Posted , 2 users are following.

(25 year old male) - I'm not sure anyone will be able to help but I thought I'd give this a shot, bare with me as i'm quite bad at explaining things, about 6 months ago I started experiencing a swollen type feeling in my right side from below my ear and to my cheek, my ear feels plugged at times and a tight feeling as well. My cheek also ''shivers'' and saliva comes out of it, it is triggered by eating but can happen if i'm not. This all is followed by vertigo that will not go away, it feels like my head is swaying. I've had my ears checked and they look normal. Again this is only on my right side, so my right ear only. I've had MRI'S done, CT's of my parotid gland and my brain but nothing. I'm wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone and possibly what I should do, as i'm becoming hopeless. And it's a scary feeling when doctors don't know what to do. I feel like there's no one to turn to so I created this post.

I do have other health conditions that are being treated such as Hypothyroid, and GERD which i've heard acid can travel into the ear but not sure how accurate that is. Any insight is appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Go see a Neurologist. I don't know what you have but they may be able to help. Maybe it is a nerve problem like occipital neuralgia which I don't think you have.

• Posted

Thanks, I will bring that up as a possibly with my neurologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.