Any ideas

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have a pain in between the ribs nothing major , got a burning feeling down the left side.

I am a sufferer of health anxiety and because of being overweight i worry that i have cancer as many of us on the forum do.

I just want to see if someone has had the same symptoms, mines are not really sore but my stomach feels sore to the touch.

This is keeping me awake at night and i have haemachromatosis which causes me even more anxiety.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

costochondritis ?

• Posted

I would say it is more like a stomach issue after i looked up what condition that was.

Its above the belly button area .

Thanks for replying its nearly four in the morning and i can't sleep for worry.

• Posted

It could be gastritis.Has your doctor mentioned gastritis or diagnosed you with it? If he or she has confirmed you have it, you shouldn't worry. Worry will make your symptoms worse. My IBS used to wake me up with pain and I had sore to touch pain while I was worrying about not getting a diagnosis. However, your symptoms sound more like gastritis since you don't mention bowel habit change. Do you have pain after eating and do certain foods bother you? Don't google your symptoms since you suffer from health anxiety.Googling your symptoms can increase health anxiety and what you read on google is very general and doesn't take account of individual circumstances. Instead, see your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.