Any ideas about not being able to lose weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. There's something wrong with me where if I try to lose weight and intentionally drop calories I tend to GAIN weight. Sometimes rapidly.

I am very scared to try and diet because it seems I will try to diet do REALLY good never cheat and I tend to stay the same or gain. Then when I get discouraged for doing so well and gaining (I only mean a few lbs) I say forget it and i'll eat normal (which to be normal is STILL very healthy compared to most and watch what I eat) I will GAIN MORE because it's as if I reset my metabolism and slowed it down. it's VERY scary and discouraging. Also how can you explain this. Whenever I go on a cruise which has all you can eat buffet, I say SCREW this, I am going to eat whatever I want, i'm on vacation. So I will eat anything and as much as I want (not  binge eating but eating till im stuffed and desserts every day and I will a lot of the time LOSE WEIGHT, sometimes it's only about 2 lbs BUT once I lost a whole 4 lbs. Another example. When I went  to Europe recently I aid I am in Europe im going to eat whatever I want i'm in another coutry. I ate all bad foods...fattening...desserts from all diff countries sometimes desserts even in the morning like custard things or a croissant wtf all stuff I wouldn't dare eat at home. And I came home for the first time in my life losing 12 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand what is going on with my body. I know diabetes runs in my family, everyones obese on my moms side. I want to lose weight but the diets don't work and when I work out or join a gym even working out INTENSELY along with diet with a personal trainer that was very expensive, I gained RAPIDLY they said it was muscle but I did it to LOSE weight. I am 200 lbs! This week, since I feel completely exhausted all the time everyday I thought maybe I might have a problem with gluten since my dna showed I had a gene for celiacs. SO I said maybe i'll try gluten free this week. I don't mean buying a bunch of high sugar gluten free items I just mean cutting out pasta bread etc...So I cut out pasta bread and all gluten...….I ended up getting low blood sugar one day so bad ( I sometimes get low blood sugar but not high blood sugar. ANYWAY....I strictly did NO pasta, NO bread (which I often can overeat on like instead of one serving i'll have 2 or eat till full) ANYWAY so I did really good this week I think. And I really thought MAYBE I might lose some weight because I havn't been having many carbs. What happened? my weight SKY ROCKETED!!!!!! I gained about 5 lbs in 4 days.....I could CRY I just don't know what to do anymore.

PLease give me any ideas, I do know that on my dna test it did say I had a lot of obesity and diabetes genes is this why?

EVERYONE I know who diets seems to lose weight and lose fast. Even my mom who is about 320lbs 5 feet tall, if she diets she will rapidly lose. it's KILLING me I need to lose!

please don't reply if you say I didn't work out hard enough or if I cheat, because during times of dieting I would never ever cheat and I worked out very very hard with personal trainer for a LONG time till I just couldn't bear the continuous weight gain.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.