Any ideas appreciated

Posted , 4 users are following.

I first noticed electrical shock in upper jaw almost 20 years ago when flying. Haven't had it for several years but since May I've had 3 episodes. Only last for a few minutes. Not sure what to think.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello

My Daughters TN started off with toothache type pains but soon changed to the electric shock pains. It is worth getting checked out with your doctor as we would not wish anyone to go through what she is going through.

All the best hope all is fine for you. Paul

• Posted

Don't hesitate go and see your GP and ask for a referral

• Posted

I had the same thing happened to me, i would get the pain when I flew. It did not happen every time i flew.it went on for 2 years my dentist could not find any problems with an xray. My last visit i was told i needed a Root canal, the dentist ended up cracking my tooth and i had to have it pulled. . That was 3 months ago. I Have flown 1 time since then no pain until about 2 weeks ago i got a Sharp pain in my jaw and now different areas in my mouth ache. I felt shock pain à few times this week while drinking water and coffee. I am going to make an appointment this week with my dr. I saw the tn on line and Read nfo on it. You have to be your own advocate. Hope all goes well with you.

• Posted

Hello Elaine

Yes it is better to get it checked out with your GP as you do not want to lose any more teeth when it might not be a tooth problem.

Our Duaghter's TN started off with a toothache type pain but fortunately our dentist was thorough and did X-rays and said that it was definitely not her teeth that were the problem.

All the very best to you and hope all is well.

Paul 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.