Any ideas on how to treat Eczema on the feet??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everybody! i was wondering if you could give me ideas on what to use for treating eczema on the feet? as my nan is suffering from it and i would like to find a way of helping her. she has tried eumovate, E45, daktacort cream, daktarin aktiv cream, diprobase cream,, there was no improvement at all. The doctor did prescribe the daktacort but well obviously it didnt work because i'm on here trying to help out lol. I was hoping someone could help with suggestions.

Thankyou for your time in reading this! smile x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that your gran is suffering with Eczema. I had Eczema on my face for ages and tried all of the ointments that you mentioned with little success.  

Eventually I tried Aloe Vera (Holland & Barrett - 99% Aloe Vera & 1% water).  It brings down the itching and will help to keep her skin hydrated.  I still use it as a moisturiser at night and can't recommend it enough.  Also fish oils are meant to be beneficial.

Hope that this is of some help.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I'll mention to her what you suggested smile x
    • Posted

Best of luck.  Also if she could drink water throughout the day it would help as the idea is to rehydrate the system as much as possible.

Take care.

• Posted

Drink plenty of water, I take an antihistamine at night. I have used steroid creams for years, I have yet to find one that clears up the eczema for good, but they do help short term. I find I need to use a moisturise  everyday. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi, if your nan's foot eczema is still a problem, I wonder if she may have an allergy to something in her shoes? It's worth her getting some patch testing done to find out - it could make all the difference.

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi I found if I shower I wash my feet with a flannel rinse well , dry thoroughly and moisturise. If a flare up has happened use a steroid cream not ointment I find that works. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.